cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSzmYmaVE4w
Asteroid

Terrible customer service. Don't ever buy a Samsung Smart Watch if you swim or workout!

What a scam Samsung has going on. They advertise their Smart watch as water resistant, they have a swim app and workout apps built into it and yet they refuse to stand beThind this product when the seal fails and there is water damage.  I couldn't believe it.  I spent hours over several days on the phone with "case managers", got hung up on twice and had too many employees tell me "I understand" "I'm sorry" and other such nonsense.  I had several of them offer to pay for the parts if I would pay for the labor.  Seriously?!?!  I told them I wouldn't give Samsung another penny if they won't stand behind their products.  I finally had a supervisor approve the repair free of charge because I have been a long loyal Samsung customer.  I thought that was the end of this saga but I was wrong.  The very next day, they called and asked for money again.  Back to Case Management I go and this time I finally get to actually speak to a supervisor and he tells me that it was approved for me to get the watch repaired free of charge but now the watch "can't be fixed and you have to pay for the replacement".  Unbelievable!  I even have a quote, with all of the parts needed with a $190 total cost to repair.  I told him that sounded like a "bait and switch" and he said there was nothing he could do and tells me he's the highest person I can escalate this issue to and gives me an email to write to the "President".  

How can Samsung advertise a product to be able to perform certain activities and then refuse to cover it under warranty when the failure is clearly due to poor manufacturing?  Why would I ever, and I mean EVER purchase any other Samsung products?  I used this product in accordance with all of the recommendations, just like all of the other people who have had the same experience.  Shame on Samsung.  

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Terrible customer service. Don't ever buy a Samsung Smart Watch if you sw..

How did your device get water damage?

userSzmYmaVE4w
Asteroid

I wore it and used it as Samsung advertised I could and even had those apps pre-installed in the watch!  I swam in it and worked out in it and just wore it.  It was never in water deeper than 4 or 5 ft and rarely even that deep.  I washed it, blew the water out and took care of it.  The fact is, Samsung's seal/gasket on this watch is made from inferior quality and they know it which is why they keep refusing to deny covering it under warranty.  Then, in my case, they finally agree to cover the repair, free of charge, they then inform me it can't be repaired and they won't replace the watch and I need to pay the repair cost.  Honestly, I've never heard of such an absurd excuse to continue to refuse standing behind this product.  Samsung knows they have a substandard product that will not stand up to what they advertise it to be able to do.  Why else do they refuse to stand behind this product?  

usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray

There's a class action lawsuit against Samsung for this exact reason, you might get some money back if you let them know you're one of the many affected.

bullseye007
Cosmic Ray

water resistant /= water proof. Pool has chlorine. Oceans have saltwater. None of that is fresh water though it is built to handle chlorine better.

bullseye007
Cosmic Ray

It's not even customer service, that's the policy of almost every smart watch band like Fitbit, apple, garin, etc. That's how warranties work.

userSzmYmaVE4w
Asteroid

They offered to repair the watch for free and then the next day told me the watch couldn't be repaired.  After too much time and too many days talking with too many people and even getting hung up on twice,  they finally agreed to stand behind their offer of repairing my watch, which, miraculously was fixable.  I think the only reason they did, finally do that was because I began writing bad reviews and calling them out for lying and playing bait and switch with me.  

I just received the fixed watch yesterday, we've joked that it will only work until Dec since the warranty expires in Nov!!!