Original topic:

The collecting and processing of our health data?

(Topic created: 12-08-2021 06:41 AM)
userPl9sZ2MpZz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I like to use the "together" part of the app  to challenge myself and compare with my husband. Its a motivational game we have been doing for years.  Now I have to agree to allow the collection and processing of my health data to do this?  I don't want that done and its none of anyone elses business about my health!!   Please undo this.  This will be the last samsung anything I will buy and will leave reviews regarding same. 

really ticked off!

Carol

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userPl9sZ2MpZz I don't think anything really has changed. Previously it was assumed that you gave permission since you used the app. Now the app is explicitly telling you that it is collecting this data. 

I'm sure that changes in privacy laws have caused Samsung to add this prompt. 

0 Likes
Chessplayr
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would read their Privacy policy. In there, they explain how they use that data, and where it goes. I believe they need your permission to collect and process it in order for you to share it through the Together page, otherwise it would be impossible for them to do so. I do not believe they use the data for anything else, though like I said you could skim through their policy and see what it says. Also like LongHiker said, it's likely that they always have collected it in the past when using the Together feature, but now they need your permission first. I believe this would be the case in any fitness app that you wished to use to compare yourself with another person, have competition, etc.
0 Likes
Rosie22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree with you! This data sharing does not benefit you the (user). It also does not do a nutrition summary for things like fat and sodium on a daily basis. Developers should not remove things that do not cause errors, they can make enhancements but not take away! We cant even unistall this 6.20 version.