JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 08:50 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Jenerator99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is a big issue. It's happened to me 2 times on the active 2 and 1 time on the galaxy watch and the S2.
userxEF7j9QrHd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can get cover on Amazon for $23

0 Likes
Soo59
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same happened to me. I knew it was just out of warranty and knew I'd have to pay for repair , at probably the original cost of the watch. After googling same problem on this and other watches, general consensus was to carefully glue back with E6000 glue.  I meticulously cleaned the insides of dust and muck and carefully applied the glue - not an easy process. It has held up well and my Active 2 is functioning the same as before the back fell off.  However the ECG does not work (did for a few weeks, after the Sept. 2020 update), but not anymore, since Nov. 2020 ... but that's another samsung watch active2 thread to follow.  Turns out after giving all my  Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Galaxy Note 5 info, i.e.,model and serial numbers, system versions, etc. to the "ECG Team", their diagnosis was that my Active2 device was  " a non-U.S. model or a model that is not manufactured for use in the U.S. 
We are sorry to inform you that the ECG feature will not work in your device. " Ridiculous - I purchased at Costco, NJ, USA Nov. 2019 - So non-U.S. Samsung model devices that are Not Manufactured for Use in the U.S., are being sold all over the U.S.??!!  I can live without the ECG, but it's all sooo annoying.  Does it bother anyone that a sport activity watch that monitors swimming IS NOT WARRANTIED TO BE WATERPROOF OR EVEN SWEATPROOF? THE SENSOR COVER SHOULD NOT BE FALLING OFF AND OWNERS SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED FOR WATER DAMAGE ON A SUPPOSEDLY WATERPRROF DEVICE.

Samsung_KaFym37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch 9 months ago (Nov 2019) Today the back of the watch falls off.  I don't think I have my receipt anymore. I need this fixed asap!!

jaymaj13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Had the Active 2 since July.  My back fell off yesterday.  30 days.

Samsung has a major issue with this.

JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Samsung_KaFym37 @jaymaj13 

This forum is technical support community consisting mostly of Samsung users and fans. We can't help with account information or things like service requests. In this case I'd encourage you to reach out to Samsung support for assistance.

Inside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Outside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
jaymaj13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Respectfully, the OP is bringing up a major issue with Galaxy watches.  The heart rate sensor cover does not adhere properly and falls off.  What is Samung doing to correct this issue?  Please offer technical support on a design flaw.

Samsung_KaFym37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung. My watch is still under warranty. They sent me a UPS label to send it to them for repairs. Hopefully it sticks longer than 9 months!!

jaymaj13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any update on fix?

usertFAO3Lr01I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The back fell off of my watch as well.  Very frustrated because I love the watch, but I can't use it with no back.