JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tingling sensation up the arm and burn on wrist

(Topic created on: 9/28/20 5:53 PM)
userYAmGVd9OIm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my Active watch since June and I really like it.  When I first started using it I noticed a tingling sensation on my wrist and up to my elbow.  It wasn't painful so I let it go.  Over time I would notice the same sensations yet a little more intense and it felt like my wrist was in fire.  I thought at first that it was the combination of me wearing my watch and using my phone that caused the sensation and pain.  Again I just let it be.  Now after wearing it for a little 3 months I realize burning sensation was actually not my imagination.  I have a burn mark on my wrist where I wear my watch.  I went back to the phone store I bought it at and the sales associate right off the back told me that I was having an allergic reaction.  I mentioned the burning and showed him the burn and basically scar forming.  He really didn't do anything to help execpt basically say it was my fault and my issue to deal with, but that's another story.  He told me to try wearing it on the other wrist and see what happens.  I did and not the tingling sensation and pain was intense and I had to take my watch off immediately.  I have had the Active 1 and I never experienced anything like what I have with the 2.  I love the watch, but I don't want to keep wearing it if it causes pain or scaring.  Can anyone help me please?After 3 months of wearAfter 3 months of wear

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available):
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Bobbie2013
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same reaction on my wrist. All I have noticed is sweating or getting it wet makes it worse. my mom said paint the watch with clear nail polish on the back where it touches your skin. Good luck!
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available):
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userj6GGDlXeOu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have been receiving medical help for undiagnosed wrist pain, it is a nerve pain that extends to the elbow. I have had 8 hospital appointments, electric shock treatment, arthritis checks, many blood tests. It affected my job, my car racing and cannot work some days, it was not until I saw these posts that I stopped using my Galaxy Watch and found my symptoms improve !! There appears to be a real problem here, I have been using your watch every day and not seen anything in the press about the issue, what are Samsung doing about this ? 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello there, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you mind sending me your watch's full model code and serial number in a private message?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

0 Likes
userYAmGVd9OIm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good morning. Thank you for following up. I will send you a private message.
0 Likes