cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Told to send in Active2 for software update for ECG/fall detection

Last night Samsung Support issued me a return label to send in my Active2 for a software update for ECG/ fall detection.  They said if it can't be updated they would exchange it for a watch with those capabilities.  Anyone else told this? I tried to explain that the software isn't available but after 30 min on the phone I gave up and said just send me the FedEx label. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Told to send in Active2 for software update for ECG/fall detection

Dude, dont send your watch! It might be a scam! I dont see an official statement from Samsung about that "recall". I have the Active 2 and even the supp guy told me that he "doesnt know" when we are getting the ECG

Second, the watch has the ECH hardware, so all we need now is a software update and we are ready to go. So, no point in sending the watch there! 

I wouldnt send it! Look at their mail address too, its probably fake!

Highlighted
Astronaut

my active2 can measure heatrtbeat and blood pressure...it was just an update but I didnt have to send anywhere

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userQPikckPYy7 You got your update already for the ECG? I haven't heard anyone with that update yet unless you live in Korea. Where do you live?

@userFAmfx1ZaF2  I agree with @userk2TGTD8zAf . Do not send in your watch. I haven't heard anything from Samsung regarding you to send in your watch to get the update. It could be a scam. Why not calling Samsung Customer Service to verify this just to be on the safe side. But I wouldn't send it in.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Are you in the USA? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sounds like an unexperienced rep trying to get you off the phone, using any means necessary. An update, when it's finally available, almost a year after the fact, will be pushed out OTA, same as all other updates. If I were you I'd launch a complaint about this because you're not going to see your watch for good six weeks, Samsung warranty turnarounds are DREADFULLY SLOW. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If only! The rep was a chatty dude.  He talked for 20 min about being in the Philippines and wanting to see snow and his trips to conventions in Rhode Island and San Jose.  Then he started talking about visiting Michigan and finally seeing snow.  Also got history lesson on the Philippines.  He definitely didn't want to get off the phone and he has worked for Samsung for years.  

I called Support again yesterday and told them to quit sending emails about the repair ticket and to cancel it.