Original topic:

Try again. Touch the screen with your palm to turn it off

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 05:37 PM)
tryin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My actuve2 watch is giving same message again and again. Unable to proceed.

I tried all the solutions I installed mentioned in other threads, but no luck. Please suggest any solution.

11 Replies
tryin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
From 45 mins.. I am trying to cover with one hand still no luck...
0 Likes
tryin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It suddenly stopped after using almost a year... it worked like a champ before.. I resetted and tried the suggestions in forum... nothing worked
0 Likes
tryin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
As the warranty expired, really no way to get it repaired through samsung.. and tradein value is really like trash
0 Likes
tryin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Can anyone suggest to get it repaired or a good tradein value options ??
0 Likes
userWu9E829xiF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

+1 on the same issue. I am not sure, whether it happened after a firmware update but, nothing works on active watch 2 at this point. During the product tour, I am stuck at the final step. I tried to cover it with the entire hand but, still facing the same issue.

Please, help on this and the product is out of warranty. What should be done? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I haven't had this problem (and don't know if you tried this), but because this happens during the "user training" I guess that the watch has already connected to the phone. If it has, try activating the "glove" mode (that makes the screen pressure sensitive). It is under Advanced settings in the wearable app.

Otherwise, it is a firm and total coverage of the screen, touching the display, for soemething like 3 seconds that is supposed to "do it".

0 Likes
tryin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
The option name is 'touch sensitivity'. It is enabled that makes more sensitive while using gloves as well.

But no luck. Tried with covering upto 30 seconds as suggested in few posts.
0 Likes
userBUYDhOepFc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue. Nothing helps. I updated the software: didn't help either.

There are more topics on this problem, for some reason they resolved.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Try-again-touch-the-screen-with-your-palm-to-turn-i...

They should not be resolved, as proposed solution (to cover with full hand) doesn't work for everybody.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend resetting your watch. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

0 Likes