Asteroid

Two galaxy smart watches on one Phone = reset 1 watch

Two galaxy smart watches on one Phone = reset 1 watch

This is gvVIIu5o.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Two galaxy smart watches on one Phone = reset 1 watch

This is normal as only one watch is able to be connected to your device at one time. 

usergGcM2b9X8j
Asteroid

Samsung Wear can only (actively) connect one watch at a time. I understand that. But it can manage 2 watches. In fact it will automatically switch the active connection to the watch you're wearing. 

I'm sure you're aware of that so pardon me for stating the obvious.   But the problem lays with Samsung Pay for Galaxy Watch.

It can only connect manage 1 watch at a time.

Samsung is selling multiple watch models designed for different occasions, ie: sports and formal.

Right now you can only have one watch with Samsung Pay enabled.

So you can only pay when you have your formal watch on but not when you have your sports or vis versa.  Furthermore, Samsung does not inform the user of this limitation which is a major purchase criteria thereby allowing the customer to be misinformed.

This is not acceptable, please issue a fix.

user6drklwJZGZ
Constellation

I totally agree with  usergGcM2b9X8j

This situation is frustrating, to say the least.

What is the point of being able to pair two watches, to the same phone, if they both do not retain full functionality?

Yesterday, just for the heck of it, I got on CHAT with Samsung "Tech Support". I explained this situation. The "tech" assured me that I should be able to pair both watches (Gear Sport & Gear S3) and use Sam Pay on both. I asked if he could email me the instructions to do exactly that. He assured me that he would email me the instructions to do exactly that, in "about two hours".
Believe it, or not, that email did not arrive.

SAMSUNG, PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE.

usergGcM2b9X8j
Asteroid

What's Samsung's response to this problem?

usergGcM2b9X8j
Asteroid

Any updates to this issue?

usergGcM2b9X8j
Asteroid

Any updates to this issue?

usergGcM2b9X8j
Asteroid

My apologies, Samsung Wear is able to connect my device to multiple watches at the same time as seen in the screenshot.

Its Samsung Pay (watch) that is not working when the active watch is switched.20190705_135626.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Samsung Pay will only connect to one device at a time. This is by design. If you have additional questions, contact Samsung Pay directly, 844.726.7297.

usergGcM2b9X8j
Asteroid

Can the Samsung Pay Team add this to their feature request or at least inform the user on the retail box that only 1 Samsung Pay device is supported?