Two galaxy smart watches on one Phone = reset 1 watch

This is gvVIIu5o.jpeg

26 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is normal as only one watch is able to be connected to your device at one time. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung Wear can only (actively) connect one watch at a time. I understand that. But it can manage 2 watches. In fact it will automatically switch the active connection to the watch you're wearing. 

I'm sure you're aware of that so pardon me for stating the obvious.   But the problem lays with Samsung Pay for Galaxy Watch.

It can only connect manage 1 watch at a time.

Samsung is selling multiple watch models designed for different occasions, ie: sports and formal.

Right now you can only have one watch with Samsung Pay enabled.

So you can only pay when you have your formal watch on but not when you have your sports or vis versa.  Furthermore, Samsung does not inform the user of this limitation which is a major purchase criteria thereby allowing the customer to be misinformed.

This is not acceptable, please issue a fix.

userBqNzbKDxA5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This does not appear to be correct.  When I try to add a second watch using the Galaxy app, I get the message "Disconnect Galaxy Watch.  You'll need to reset it before you can connect it again".  I called the Samsung "Support" line and a Samsung Customer Support operative told me tonight that this information is correct and that two watched cannot be used with the same phone.  They also effectively informed me that Samsung didn't care about the user inconvenience that this has caused and would not allow her to even forward my request to a technical support person who knew what they were talking about.

usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

What's Samsung's response to this problem?

0 Likes
usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any updates to this issue?

0 Likes
usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any updates to this issue?

0 Likes
usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Now with the release of Active 2, more people have multiple watches needing Samsung Pay, is samsung going to fix this?

Right now the only way to get multiple watches with Payment ability is the buy a smart watch under a different brand that support pay function(there are garmin huawei etc), is that what Samsung wants?

usergGcM2b9X8j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My apologies, Samsung Wear is able to connect my device to multiple watches at the same time as seen in the screenshot.

Its Samsung Pay (watch) that is not working when the active watch is switched.20190705_135626.jpg

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung Pay will only connect to one device at a time. This is by design. If you have additional questions, contact Samsung Pay directly, 844.726.7297.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.