JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to back up Galaxy watches manually on One UI 5, backs up via Smart Switch

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 09:41 PM)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why in the world would you take away the ability to back up our watches manually in the Wearable app? Make it make sense, I have to wait for what is now "PERIODICALLY" to back up my watch, how often is periodically? If you switch to store backups to Samsung Cloud, how does that work, when does that happen?

If anyone knows the answer please let me know!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
166 Replies
TokenBlkGuy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm not sure why but I cannot make a backup of my watch 4 for my watch 6
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

People have talked about a software change that removes the manual backup option. I haven't seen that yet, but I'm also still using my S10+ so older Android and OneUI. I know that the Auto backup feature doesn't seem to work well between my Active4 and S10+, so glad I still have the option to back up manually. Will be interested in seeing other responses you get to your issue.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
samsamsamsamsamsam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Backups (aka smart switch) only works with samsung phones. If you have a pixel, no dice. There's no fix, and there's no alternative to backup up the watch.

It's nice samsung decided to break something that was working perfectly fine.

BombBiologist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Which is also ridiculous that you're forced to be on WiFi. Every other backup service allows you to backup using mobile data if you wish. That also needs to be added in addition to the manual option.
KenzoJumps
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Nope. No backups for weeks. Samsung helpdesk support suggested I reset my phone. Great! That forces me to reset my watch which I was trying to backup.

Oh, yeah, didn't fix the backup problem anyway.

JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use to use SS only to transfer data to new phones, and them uninstall the app. Not anymore...... 

ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
This was a bad call on their part, I prefer to do my own backups, I don't like auto backups
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Cannot backup my GW5 pro ever since downloading beta. Now that I have the new UI5 still cannot backup my watch
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
The ability to manually back up the watches has been removed. They now automatically backup every 24 hours, as long as both the phone and watch have 30% or more battery.
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I cannot tell if my watch is being backed up. If it's being backed up to phone, where is being backed up to