cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Unable to charge my new Galaxy Watch 3 with legacy Galaxy Watch charger

Not sure (because I cannot seem to find anything about it) but could it be that the Galaxy Watch 3 will not charge on anything other than the included magnetic charger? I really like the stand up chargers that came with my Galaxy Watch and would like to continue using them with my new watch.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to charge my new Galaxy Watch 3 with legacy Galaxy Watch charger

Hi,

I also moved (well am moving) from the Galaxy watch to watch 3.

When I bought my watch, I also bought the Note 9! Smiley Happy Great phone.

I purchased a "Samsung Wireless Charger DUO Fast Charge Stand & Pad Universally Compatible with Qi Enabled Phones and Select Samsung Watches (US Version), Black" from Samsung via smile.amazon.com.

The duo pad works great with my current Note 20 Ultra and Watch 3, as well as my previous devices (Note 9 and Galaxy Watch).

Being I bought it in November 2018 (2 years ago), it isn't super fast, but gets the job done.

Note: In both cases the pad for the watch 3 and the Duo Pad, the watch lays DOWN. Maybe the watch 3 needs to lay down instead of being upright like the Watch 1??
Asteroid

I don't think it has to do with being vertical since it is vertical when I connect the magnetic charger and set it on its side on my desk.  I'll look into the Duo Fast Charge stand you mention.  Here are photos from what happens; Initially set on charger-charging starts, error saying use the new charger, model number information from the charger. Galaxy Watch 3 on Galaxy Watch Charger - initial placement into chargerGalaxy Watch 3 on Galaxy Watch Charger - initial placement into chargerError after a few seconds.Error after a few seconds.Model number of charger.Model number of charger.

Hi, Interesting as my Galaxy 3 uses a horizontal charger. (Using the Samsung member app and don't know how to post photos.) My watch looks slightly different, too. Both of my buttons stick out like your back button. I have the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 LTE black.
Asteroid

I have the Galaxy Watch 3 Titanium, perhaps that's why it's different?

Maybe.

Is your connection Bluetooth only or of all communication methods- Bluetooth, WIFI, and Mobile ( T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T. etc.l?
Constellation

Same problem here!