JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 05:43 AM)
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got my Galaxy Watch4 Classic today.  Working though the setup and I wanted to set up Samsung Pay on my watch.  It worked perfectly on my Active2.  When I go to add my card through the phone,  it tells me "unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily"  I have been trying all day to add my card but it is not working.  Is there something that I am doing wrong?  It set up perfectly on my old watch.  I have since switched to Google Pay, which set up, but I have not tested to see if it works for purchases.

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 128GB (Unlocked) | Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm Black LTE
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had some problems today as well, but figured it out finally. Unfortunately, cannot remember exactly what I did. Sorry 😞 The problem I am having now, is the Watch 4 is asking me for a pin when I wake up the phone, instead of when I open Samsung Pay, which is what my Watch Active 2 does. I'm gonna reset it or something, but if this is how it's gonna work, then I'll return it and keep my Active 2, because entering a pin everytime I wake the watch would be a hassle. Hope you find a solution!
0 Likes
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea. I noticed that it asked me for a pin to unlock my watch. I don't like that either. I might just stick with Google pay. I have been using it all day without putting a pin in and now, all of a sudden it is asking me for a pin to unlock it. Not sure why. I also can't seem to find watch faces that I LOVE, not like I did with my active2. Guess I will give it some time, i just got the watch today
Options
Galaxy Watch
I read some info on the Help section of the Samsung Pay app, and watched a video on Youtube and figured out that the watch requires the pin every few seconds when it's not worn, or when 1st placed on wrist. And I tested it, and its true. As long as I wear it, it doesn't ask for the pin. But I loosened the band to move the watch higher on my wrist, and it asked for the pin. So the annoying pin thing is when the watch is NOT worn, which is annoying anyways, but at least we now know.
Options
Galaxy Watch
ShannaMay, here is the YouTube video. He briefly mentions something about the pin, but also talks about Google Pay if you are interested...

https://youtu.be/Xzgbe1NEE20
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks! I'll check it out 🙂
Options
Galaxy Watch
You are welcome! Have you been able to connect to Samsung Pay?
0 Likes
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was able to yesterday. I just tried for the heck of it while I was waiting and it went through 🙂
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yay!
0 Likes
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
If it is asking for a pin it is a screen lock setting try changing it in either the Galaxy wearable app if that doesn't work it'll be in the screen lock settings on the device