cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Update fails, AW2

This morning I ran the update.... First it updated to R830XXU1BTG1, successfully.
Then it wanted to update again. 
So I let the download happen as well as the install. 
Three times... Because it failed three times to complete the update to R830XXU1CTH8, always in the install phase.
Never had this happen, and I've had a Gear Sport prior to this, and this AW2 11 months now. 
Watch is fully charged, paired Note20 Ultra only 3 feet away. 
Any clues? 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Update fails, AW2

This morning I ran the update.... First it updated to R830XXU1BTG1, successfully.

Then it wanted to update again. 

So I let the download happen as well as the install. 

Seven times so far it failed to complete the update to R830XXU1CTH8!

Backed up watch, turned off reactivation lock, factory reset watch TWICE, removed watch in Samsung Wear, reinstalled to Samsung Wear as well as reinstalled watch plug in, re-paired watch to my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, UNiNSTALLED the Wear app and started all over again.... And still this update failed. Even tried the Reboot/Recovery trick. 

I contacted Samsung on phone, but the connection was awful, they were to call me back, but so far have not. 

Never had this happen before, and I've had a Gear Sport prior to this, and this AW2 11 months now.

Samsung, this is not living up to my expectations of you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Tried one last.
Unpaired from everything, rebooted into standalone Wi-Fi only connection, initiated the update through Settings>General>Update watch.
Still failed to update past R830XXU1BTG1.
ARGH!
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Feels like 3 hours on a terrible connection with Samsung Support...first hour was on hold.

SO, after un-pairing, re-pairing, hard reboots, same issue.
Update only gets to 96 on watch face, then tells me it could not update.
Watch needs to get sent to repair.
Hoping that I did not get terminally disconnected from the support line before a return label gets generated.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Update fails, AW2

Well, got my repair ticket# and shipping label.
I really hoped it wouldn't need to come to this.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Update fails, AW2

I would factory reset before sending in for repair. Here is an install video- https://youtu.be/NuU3jvvVphM 

Samsung rolled out the official Active 2 software update today with Tizen 5.5.0.1 R830XXU1CTH8 which supports ECG, fall detection, and more! Samsung Health M...
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Already done, also, Reactivation lock turned off.
TBH, ActorMike, through all these attempts, I never once let my backup get sync-ed back into the watch, never even had time to go through personalisation.

(Just to make sure, after being shut of all night, I ran the standalone wi-fi update while recording video. Same exact...downloaded, restarted, update failed.
one more factory reset and I'll pack this thing off today.)
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

End of story...sent in for repair. Wireless component was replaced and the watch was successfully updated, however the screen was returned scratched. Samsung was unable to locate a replacement, and offered to take the device back for refund.
Every support person both on social media as well as actual call takers and case manager along the way were patient and helpful.

I am now sporting a mystic bronze Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm).
But I really liked that more elegant Watch Active 2...