Original topic:

Using External Heart Rate Monitor Strap with Galaxy Watch (Active2)

(Topic created: 07-19-2021 01:38 PM)
jon44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,

I wanted increased accuracy with my heart rate, so was considering getting a Polar chest strap.  It can connect to the watch via Bluetooth, but I'm wondering if I can still use Samsung Health apps (e.g., the Running activity screen and logging) and will the watch simply use the data from the chest strap rather than its own optical sensors?    If not, is there a way to force it to do this?

Thx, J

0 Likes
2 Replies
jon44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

You're correct--I was reading someone else's post (Reddit) saying they used a third party app to connect the strap to the watch.  Disappointing....

0 Likes
lorraineg57
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can connect the watch directly to the polar strap with an app called Sporty Go from the galaxy store. It will allow you to bt your watch to the strap. OR you can go to accessories in Samsung health on your phone. Turn on your Polar and scan from the accessories screen in Samsung Health. Then when you manually start an exercise in Samsung Health on your phone, you will see that it connects to your Polar. However, as far as I can find trying to research it, the only exercises in Samsung Health that actually USE your heart rate to figure calorie burn are walking and running. If you use the Sporty Go app, it calculates that info using the HR from the Polar. 

0 Likes