Original topic:

Using "Voice Recorder" App with Bixby?

(Topic created on: 2/28/21 7:23 AM)
jon44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was a bit shocked when I saw there's no "Bixby Capsule" on my Active 2 for the voice recorder.   I currently use my "double click" option to bring up the Voice Recorder, but I'd like to switch it to active Bixby, if there was an easy way to record a voice note from Bixby (like there is on the phone--you just say "Record" and the Voice Recording app comes up already in recording mode).

Is there a work-around?

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

At this time there is not a stock method to just saying "Record" and the Voice Recording app comes up like on the phones. However, we appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jon44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the response.

I'm disappointed that the procedure is left up to happenstance on whether an engineer happens to want to seek outside ideas.  This issue seems like a particularly glaring gap in the promise to make Bixby consistent between platforms.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know how to also start the recording with voice, but Bixby can "Start the voice memo app". (Or by using slight variants of that phrase.) It starts the application but I need to start the recording.

An alternative to short voice "memos"  is to let Bixby create a reminder. That is done without touching the display :)