JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Very painful burns from watch sensors

(Topic created on: 12/17/20 8:23 PM)
userbDrY6pBZ8K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have enjoyed my Samsung watch, a gift from my son for just under a year. Out of the blue I noticed it starting to feel sore. Over a period of  a week my skin became red and then blistered. I sent the watch in to be looked at, with a full explanation. Extremely disappointed with the outcome.  NO reasonable explanation. The watch has been returned and reset to factory settings with a comment that there is nothing wrong with it.  Wore it for one day and same burns reappeared.  Samsung customer service is shocking ! I have an expensive item i can't wear or get replaced. Samsung is responsible for actual physical injury to me and they have no empathy or solution for me. This product should be pulled from the shelf until it is safe. I generally don't like apple products but you don't see conversations about their watch causing burns. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
try turning the sensors off and see if that resolved the issue. if it did then inform samsung that the source of the burn has been identified. if what I said was correct please accept this as the solution as it will help your case. As I have the Galaxy watch 3 and haven't had this issue. if this is infect the problem I would like to know incase the same thing happens to me.
0 Likes
userlwGkWsHvpb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@PlanetDearthDesigns  this recently happened to me on my Active2.  It was working fine with no issues and suddenly burning me the next day. I don't believe it a broad issue, but some type of defect with the product or software.  I have thought about what could have caused it: Battery, data transmissions, software, even that MD135 watch face that needed special permissions to run.  I wouldn't rule anything out; I just know that I don't know why it burned me.  Similar to your statement, turning off sensors may stop it, but doesn't make his device or mine necessarily safe for use at the moment.  @userbDrY6pBZ8K 

@SamsungAdam my matter has been addressed.  Was just comment on this situation. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userO4T0uxihPd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes their customer service is the worst I've ever seen.  The watch has literally put a hole into my wrist it burned me so badly ruined a custom freehand tattoo.  I've sent numerous pictures in the watch in its been a month and I haven't recieved one form of communication from these people.  

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. Can you please provide me with your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

0 Likes