cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Wake up gesture and sensors not working

Same problem, same method to try to fix it, same tests to see the outcome, same result

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem, HR doesn't work, wake up gesture doesn't work, no step counting, altimeter fails. What's happening with Samsung? 

Highlighted
Product Expert

HEllo @Aequitas ,

Just following up because I noticed your post is still marked as unanswered. Have you received a resolution or would you like some assistance?

If you received a resolution be sure to list your solution so others can find the resolution as well. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a Galaxy watch  active 2 since 3 months and just experienced the same problems: 

From April 9th, step counting stopped working properly, wake up gesture not working, sleep tracking not recording, random activity detection (I was active for 5 hours running while sleeping 🤣).

I ran test mode and gyro test fail. 

Accelerometer value for X axle is frozen.

No special use on that day but it maybe that there was a software update. That would be absurd, having the watch bricked because of sw update.

I bought the watch in a different continent and sending it back would be a nightmare,  not to mention the costs and the time without watch.

All I get from Samsung is a message to send it to Local Service, which would be out of warranty, probably costing me the same as a new watch.

There are hundreds of faulty watches out there and no recognized campaign to fix this problem.

I have galaxy S10+ phone and Samsung high end TV

No more Samsung after this

Asteroid

Wake up gesture not working all the time

I've tried all the suggestions on this forum including resetting, making sure goodnight mode and other disruptive modes aren't on, restarting, and turning wake up gesture off and then on again. Doesnt seem to work still. Anybody have any other options?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Wake up gesture not working all the time

Hello @userXKtRsBdHtD. Have you already sent your watch to Samsung for inspection? If a defect is present in the sensors needed for detection, I don't see this issue evaporating. 

Do you recall if this started following a recent update, a fall, or submersion in water? Any info appreciated. 

Support can be reached at 1 800 SAMSUNG.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Wake up gesture not working all the time

It works intermittently.  I can reset it and it will work for a while then stops working again.