JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wake up gesture and sensors not working

(Topic created: 04-16-2020 08:00 AM)
Aequitas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have SM-R800NZSATUR Galaxy Watch 46mm. After some time, wake-up gesture suddenly goes off and I cannot make it work again. I've read lots of thread like this, so please don't tell me to turn good night mode, dnd or theatre mode off, they are off already.

After some research, I've found out the TESTMODE, which is activated by dialing *#0*# with dialing app on watch. All the sensors except the light sensor are all down, not working at all. Gyro test shows FAIL, accelerometer shows nothing on the graph, barometer shows FAIL. So there's a HUGE problem with this watch.

I've faced the same problem a couple of times before and had contacted to Samsung Support and they told me to hard reset the phone, remove the wearable app from my phone and reinstall the app, then connect the watch to my phone again. It started working again after these steps but after a few days later, not much really, 2 or 3 day max, the problem occured again.

Then I hard reset the watch again with the above steps and my watch started working again till 3 days ago. Same problem again.

So here's the question:

I've seen lots and lots of messages and threads about this problem on here and on some other forum pages but how come Samsung has not officially said anything about this ridiculous problem of the most recent "smart(!)" watch of theirs. And how come this problem is still not solved?

I want my watch to perform as a 300$ device should. Please someone fix this or I'm gonna return it for good.

userxdMzDVir22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem, same method to try to fix it, same tests to see the outcome, same result

0 Likes
Hasegawa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem, HR doesn't work, wake up gesture doesn't work, no step counting, altimeter fails. What's happening with Samsung? 

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Watch

HEllo @Aequitas ,

Just following up because I noticed your post is still marked as unanswered. Have you received a resolution or would you like some assistance?

If you received a resolution be sure to list your solution so others can find the resolution as well. 

0 Likes
user3fJKPIjLRV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy watch  active 2 since 3 months and just experienced the same problems: 

From April 9th, step counting stopped working properly, wake up gesture not working, sleep tracking not recording, random activity detection (I was active for 5 hours running while sleeping 🤣).

I ran test mode and gyro test fail. 

Accelerometer value for X axle is frozen.

No special use on that day but it maybe that there was a software update. That would be absurd, having the watch bricked because of sw update.

I bought the watch in a different continent and sending it back would be a nightmare,  not to mention the costs and the time without watch.

All I get from Samsung is a message to send it to Local Service, which would be out of warranty, probably costing me the same as a new watch.

There are hundreds of faulty watches out there and no recognized campaign to fix this problem.

I have galaxy S10+ phone and Samsung high end TV

No more Samsung after this

0 Likes
userXKtRsBdHtD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've tried all the suggestions on this forum including resetting, making sure goodnight mode and other disruptive modes aren't on, restarting, and turning wake up gesture off and then on again. Doesnt seem to work still. Anybody have any other options?

0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @userXKtRsBdHtD. Have you already sent your watch to Samsung for inspection? If a defect is present in the sensors needed for detection, I don't see this issue evaporating. 

Do you recall if this started following a recent update, a fall, or submersion in water? Any info appreciated. 

Support can be reached at 1 800 SAMSUNG.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
userXKtRsBdHtD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It works intermittently.  I can reset it and it will work for a while then stops working again.  

0 Likes
noform
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problems. Any fix in the works? 

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried resetting the watch? Do the sensors on the back of the watch light up?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1fs9XnH0NO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Beginning week, my watch has progressively shown this problem.  Erratic at first but now it will not wake with wrist action.  Also it has stopped showing the distance I walk.  No lights on the watch back any more.  The watch does still wake but only with touch.  This is a Samsung Watch, only one year and a few months old.  It was back with Samsung in May having the back (top) button fixed.  Worked fine after that until this week.  I really expected a product life greater than 1 year for a $300 price.

0 Likes