cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbj0001
Constellation

Re: Wake up gesture and sensors not working

I am having the exact same issue. US model Galaxy Watch 42mm, I purchased it last fall. It recently will have days where the wake up gesture will not work, and on those days it will intermittently track steps. When this happens I double check the wake up gesture settings, make sure I am not in Night Mode or Theater Mode, etc. 

I have now factory reset and re-paired this watch 3 times this week to try and solve the problem, and each time it will work for a day or so and then stop working. This morning I woke up and went to the gym, and recorded a treadmill workout. All my morning steps worked great, and the wake up gesture was fine. After I got back home, at some point I noticed the wake up gesture wasn't working, and I now have gaps in time of steps captured.

Any recommendations on how to get this fixed?

UPDATE:I also ran TESTMODE and found the same issue with my sensors - no data for accelerometer, FAIL for gyro, etc.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

jed57x
Constellation

Same Issues Here, Any update or news? or request for return with the store?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@jed57x Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device? Also can I please get your service provider and the app version for the Samsung gear and gear fit plug in?

jed57x
Constellation

The info of the Watch

Model number: SM-R800 

ONE UI version: 1.0

Tizen version 4.0.0.4

Software version: R800XXU1CSG4

My Phone is a OnePlus 5T running Oxigen OS 9.0.8 Android version 9

Galaxy Wearable: 2.2.24 19031361

Galaxy Watch Plugin: 2.2.05 19071241N

Samsung Accesory Service: 3.1.93.90418