cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbj0001
Constellation

Re: Wake up gesture and sensors not working

I am having the exact same issue. US model Galaxy Watch 42mm, I purchased it last fall. It recently will have days where the wake up gesture will not work, and on those days it will intermittently track steps. When this happens I double check the wake up gesture settings, make sure I am not in Night Mode or Theater Mode, etc. 

I have now factory reset and re-paired this watch 3 times this week to try and solve the problem, and each time it will work for a day or so and then stop working. This morning I woke up and went to the gym, and recorded a treadmill workout. All my morning steps worked great, and the wake up gesture was fine. After I got back home, at some point I noticed the wake up gesture wasn't working, and I now have gaps in time of steps captured.

Any recommendations on how to get this fixed?

UPDATE:I also ran TESTMODE and found the same issue with my sensors - no data for accelerometer, FAIL for gyro, etc.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

jed57x
Constellation

Same Issues Here, Any update or news? or request for return with the store?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@jed57x Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device? Also can I please get your service provider and the app version for the Samsung gear and gear fit plug in?

Highlighted
jed57x
Constellation

The info of the Watch

Model number: SM-R800 

ONE UI version: 1.0

Tizen version 4.0.0.4

Software version: R800XXU1CSG4

My Phone is a OnePlus 5T running Oxigen OS 9.0.8 Android version 9

Galaxy Wearable: 2.2.24 19031361

Galaxy Watch Plugin: 2.2.05 19071241N

Samsung Accesory Service: 3.1.93.90418

userO7MDPmSAoZ
Constellation

Same here, sometimes after rebooting all sensors works, except the barometer sensor. Now is happening again, only light sensor work. All the other fail. Really frustated me

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userO7MDPmSAoZ Can you send a private message here with the full model code and serial number of the watch and any troubleshooting steps you have completed so I can further look into this for you?