cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patboh
Constellation

Re: Wanting to buy the Samsung Active2 LTE watch. Can't find any information o..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was at the AT&T store this afternoon, there was Samsung rep there who told me it was coming out in two weeks. I have seen ads on Facebook saying it can be preordered now. Go to the official Samsung web site and I'm sure you can find a link for more info.

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

Re: Wanting to buy the Samsung Active2 LTE watch. Can't find any information o..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been to the official Samsung website and there is nothing about the LTE there.  I can find a press release saying it is coming but it could be in 2023 or even 2030 from what I'm reading.

T-Mobile says no word and again it could be sometime next year or even 2021.

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just checked the Samsung official website and they are selling the bluetooth version, but nothing is there about the LTE.

Just called both local Best Buy and T-Mobile.  No one has any idea about the LTE.  When pressed, they guess 2020 or something.

useroMmLekaeiK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spoke on September 28 to someone in the order dept. at samsung.com and they told me they thought the lte version would be released in about one month.  I was told they were trying to work out some issues in the software before releasing it.

userN1ZkLzmGtv
Constellation

Re: Wanting to buy the Samsung Active2 LTE watch. Can't find any information on it sale date.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find the LTE version ANYWHERE!  I am so disappointed and irritated SAMSUNG.  When I ask at and t, they don't know.  I have looked online, no luck. I went out yesterday and today to try to find it. I have been with samsung products for over 10 years... I'm ticked off. And what's even worse is I cannot find out any info on why I can't find it. #samsungyousuckrightnow

useraN4lkCL1Dr
Constellation

Re: Wanting to buy the Samsung Active2 LTE watch. Can't find any information on it sale date.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I've liked everywhere.....at&t as usual had no clue and doesn't care.  I've searched everywhere.  Samsung could have give us a better timeline. 😕

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

useraN4lkCL1Dr
Constellation wrote:

I agree, I've liked everywhere.....at&t as usual had no clue and doesn't care.  I've searched everywhere.  Samsung could have give us a better timeline. 😕

I agree with you on Samsung giving us better timelines.  I don't know what's up.  Do they just not care about those wanting the Active2 LTE?

Samsung gave a bonus to those buying the Active2 Bluetooth early (e.g. a wireless 10,000mAh battery), but nothing for those willing to pay US$450 plus tax for the LTE version!?

What give Samsung, why no bonus for those willing to spend extra on the watch?

user1b9puvuaxR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One person in the forums said the rep told them it would never be released and that they knew it during the pre-order phase and continued to advertise it. Google is trying to cover up for them, and they claim to know nothing. Pretty sure false advertising is illegal too. So apparently they can't get the LTE to work for the active 2 so they aren't going to release it...yet they still advertise it on their website and tell the reps to play dumb. Switch to apple please....I am switching to apple for sure after this disaster. I'll never trust samsung again. And I'll make sure the truth goes viral as well!

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1b9puvuaxR 

WOW!  Yeah, if what you're saying is true there might be some interesting times ahead for Samsung.

FYI:  I found Best Buy selling the Active 2 LTE watch!  YEAH!

I ordered it and Best Buy immediately billed my card (went from pending, to processing, to owed).  I just paid the card and thus by Federal Law Best Buy must deliver within 30 days.  NOTE:  Companies like Amazon wait to bill your card until the item ships.  I found it itneresting Best Buy immediately charged my card instead of waiting till it shipped.

I was really wanting to see  a pre-order special, as there was for the Bluetooth version.

I hope you're wrong @user1b9puvuaxR as I really want a Samsung watch!  It amazes me they could get this far along and have such a major flaw!  After all they have LTE working in the Galaxy 46 and 42mm watch.  In fact I bought 2 of the Galaxy 46mm watches!! 

I already sold one of the Galaxy 46mm watches, so I could afford to buy the 44mm Active 2 LTE watch.  This is why paying the Best Buy bill (which with Chicago taxes came to just a bit less than $500!!) wasn't difficult.

If you are right, well, I guess I .. well, ah, don't know what I'll do.

Highlighted
user1b9puvuaxR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I'm super sad that I can't purchase the LTE watch. I don't want to have to be near my phone like with the bluetooth version. If they don't offer LTE I won't purchase it...and it seems alot of people feel the same way. They are going to have some major lawsuits on their hands.