cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhqafqkVOvw
Constellation

Warranty Issude

I have a Galaxy Watch that it was a gift, the stop working and now Samsung tell me that they cannot repair my watch because was made in Vietnam.

When I buy something, I buy it for the brand, not where it was made, the brand gives me the assurance that it is a quality product. I can't understand why they give me that excuse, Samsung is a single brand, they are supposed to answer my claim and repair the watch that is still under warranty.

Now they want me to contact Vietnam Samsung to claim the warranty, how stupid is that?

I have other Samsung, Movile Phone, Galaxy Buds, charger and TV, each one of them is made in different places. I wonder if they are damaged, does the warranty cover me either?
All purchased on American soil.

I can not believe this.!
3 REPLIES 3
Comet

The device made for International market vs made for US a...

The device made for International market vs made for US are usually different. They usually tend to have different processors and other differences that's the reason why devices made in other countries are not able to be claimed for warranty in US or vice versa. This doesn't fix the issues but just wanted to let you know. Hope that Samsung Vietnam help you fix the issues without costing you anything.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userhqafqkVOvw
Constellation

I can understand your point, but it is still SAMSUNG, if...

I can understand your point, but it is still SAMSUNG, if they cannot repair it for whatever reason, it is their duty to send it where it is necessary for repair. That product was purchased within the United States, like all Samsung products that I have and no one says it was made in the USA.
The customer buys by brand not where it was made.

Comet

For this reasons the devices made for International marke...

For this reasons the devices made for International market aren't usually sold by Samsung Authorized shops in US only ones for US market are sold from Samsung itself or shops like Best Buy or other places unless you buy from Online market like Amazon, Ebay or others as they tend to have devices from everywhere and Samsung has nothing to do with their sales. Do you know if that was purchased from a Samsung Authorized shops if so maybe you can take it back there and maybe they can help you fix the device.