cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Warranty

I bought my galaxy watch active in May of 2019. In September I started getting this samsung pay notification that would not go away. It continued to come up on the watch every ten seconds or so and no amount of resetting the watch,turning off notifications from samsung pay, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked. Every few weeks I would charge it up and let it get any new update hoping that would fix my issue. It would work about 30 minutes and then that samsung pay notification would popup again wanting me to set up samsung pay. I finally sent it in for repair. I was assured my warranty was good until June 30 2020. Then I receive an email with a $155 charge stating warranty was voided. I called and was told it was for water damage. The lady I spoke to asked me if I washed my hands or my dishes ever while wearing this watch. Ofcourse I have. I told her this watch advertises water resistance even when swimming and showering and I never did either because I did not trust it. I told her the watch worked absolutely fine except for the samsung pay notification. How can it have water damage and the only problem is a samsung pay notification that wont go away? Everything else on the watch worked perfectly. She also brought up the fact that I should have turned on water mode. That is just to lock the screen while swimming. It does not make the watch any more or less water resistant than it has been advertised to be. Has anyone else had this trouble with <edit> samsung technicians who will say absolutely anything to get out of honoring a warranty?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Warranty

Thank you for reaching out. Please send a private message with any ticket numbers you may have and I will be happy to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Warranty

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the watches onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/