Original topic:

Watch 4 - 44mm - USA - Lucky I guess

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 06:54 PM)
Dlpsr
Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
My use of the Bluetooth Watch 4. Not for all of course.
I bought it on the try before buy offer. Got the hybrid leather band. Have it about two weeks. Downloaded the latest update and installed.
Only intend to use it to monitor health mostly. I'm old. My phones always in my pocket or nearby.

I setup with pulse on full time and blood O2 on full time to track sleep. Steps of course is on. Stress is on.
Power saving is on. Always on display is off. No gestures. I poke at it very little, mostly to enter the pin after taking it off and an occasional swipe to check time.

Dont use any apps on it, they're on my phone. Muted the reminders for everything and the ones that tell me to get active.

Use Samsung health on my phone, only Bluetooth is on, no WIFI. Have the Health Monitor app, only took 1 ECG so far. Worked.

Premium analog black watch face.

No problems so far, tracks sleep good, blood O2 good, pulse good, stress good, trades some data with MyFitnessPal but not much.

I started tracking my battery use on 10/26/2021 at 9PM. As of tonight thats 48 hours ontime and 17 hours supposedly left. So I might get 65 hours use before charging again. Will know in the morning if it's on or dead.

I realize other folks use theirs very hard. Just detailing my usage so far anyhow. Connected to S20-5G. For me this setup will work. Good luck with yours. Hope BP gets approved soon.
6 Replies
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
BP has been working for at least a year for me. I get blood pressure, oxgen, glucose and heart monitor. SW3 the LTE version.
0 Likes
Dlpsr
Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
It took them a while for BP on the 3 also. FDA had to approve it and haven't yet for the 4.
0 Likes
user4Is6Uglj3a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If your watch has "fall detection" maybe good idea to turn in on?

Not sure the if the bluetooth only models have that feature though.

0 Likes
Dlpsr
Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks, I might do that. Have it turned off right now, someones usually around, but you never know. Don't know what it was called before, but they call it SOS now.

Hard fall detected or press home button 3 times to send help calls/messages. Bluetooth models have it. My guess is they're identical watches except for the LTE features. The 3 button presses sounds useful for any emergency. Life Alert, I've fallen and I can't get up.😂
0 Likes
Dlpsr
Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just an update, I did get about 65-68 hours on the setup I described above. I then turned on all share all health data to the health platform app and that appears ro have dropped battery time back to about 56 hours for my use or light use settings. Still that's acceptable to me. If it changes I'll update.
0 Likes
Dlpsr
Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Looks like it relearned my usage. If the predicted time left holds I'll be back to about 64-65 hours use time since last full charge.
0 Likes