Original topic:

Watch 4 Classic FRUSTRATION!!

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 08:55 AM)
userVIUivnWaTu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK Samsung, maybe you should have waited to get all the problems out of this watch before releasing it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....yes I have tried all the possible and suggested things to do. Which makes me beleive its a software issue,  notifications work when they feel like it, one day they work, then nothing. For a very pricey watch, this is not ok. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a new watch working as it should, so no notifications coming through, no notification sound sometime when it does push one through. Vibrates if your lucky,  Oxygen reader doesn't want to work, and yes I've moved the watch, cleaned the back etc. The other health apps work.  I feel really ripped off this time, I've been a samsung user for  a very long time. Would I recomend  this new watch to others? Nope

7 Replies
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why else would they be pushing preorders to October? It's half baked. They're leaving out Google assistant to see if maybe there's someone out there who still uses Bixby. Given a choice, nobody would.
Zam_new
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine works fine
0 Likes
graffix31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine works perfect as well. Is do not disturb on in the phone. It may be syncing over.
0 Likes
userKMWbW7Btsp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I 100% agree. Every model Samsung watch I've had (like 6 of them) ALL has the option of allowing notifications to come through regardless of if the watch sensors thought you were wearing it. For whatever reason they did away with that option on the GW4. Maybe always on display works for some people, but my tattoos have always interfered with that, and now I'm not getting alerts for anything because my watch doesn't think I'm wearing it. Just allow the same basic function that's always been there (and still is on older watches)
0 Likes
userVIUivnWaTu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. Didn't have a problem with my tattoos on my prior models so I'm thinking it's a software thing. I'm really close to sending this back
0 Likes
userKMWbW7Btsp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's just stupid they have the capability to allow notifications whether the watch is on your wrist or not (it tells you that alarms and reminders come through that way) so just give US the option to allow that for everything. I really wanted to like the new watch, and I think it has potential but either Google or Samsung has to be the alpha and demand some things work. Stop complaining it's the others responsibility. I had to say it, but I'm close to sending both of mine (the classic and regular) back
0 Likes
Princess-Tigger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine won't even connect to the network. It is a an LTE, last only about 5 hours and that is sitting on the desk doing nothing. I had the S2 classic but I trade it in a now that I am returning the S4 I won't even have that.  I am very frustrated and sad. 

0 Likes