Original topic:

Watch 4 Classic "Connection Failed" - S20 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 12:18 AM)
Wings3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't get the Watch 4 Classic to connect to my S20 Ultra.

The galaxy wearable app finds the watch as a nearby device, I click connect (it installs Watch4 Plugin), it shows the 6 digit number which matches the watch face then I see "Watch is paired" at the top of the phone screen. Then I see the Terms of Service and as soon as I tap Continue the phone goes straight back to searching for nearby devices. After 20 seconds the watch displays "Couldn't connect to phone. Reset your watch then try again". Or sometimes it shows "Connection failed."

I have checked everything I can think of..  restarted watch & phone multiple times, cleared cache and app data for wearable app on phone, removed connection to my galaxy buds pro, uninstalled wearable app & watch4 plugin on phone, checked software update on phone (last update 6th Sep), no update pending for wearable app, Google Play Services up to date.

I don't know what else to try! Except hard resetting the phone which I really don't want to do on a slight chance that it may fix it.

9 Replies
Focr06
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Make sure the galaxy wearable app is updated.. And if it is, clear cache and data. Reopen and relaunch. Also, put the phone on airplane mode for a few secs.. Then make sure your wifi is on too
0 Likes
Wings3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

As I mentioned I have checked that the app is updated, and cleared cache and data. About 10 times now. Just tried putting the phone on aeroplane mode for a few mins and it didn't help. Wifi is on.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try Factory reset on the watch.

0 Likes
Wings3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the reply. I have multiple times. The watch actually forces a factory reset after every two or three failed connection attempts.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling wearable app and watch 4 wearable plug-in?

0 Likes
Wings3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes I have. About 5 times now.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

How about just uninstall the wearable app and watch 4 wearable plugin, factory reset the watch, then start setup the watch with the phone again.

0 Likes
Wings3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes. You'd think that'd work wouldn't you?..

I've lost count now how many times I have done exactly that.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah.  It's quite strange.  Now I have no idea what would be the issue.  Maybe someone can chime in on suggestions.   I lost watch connection with the S20 once after a day of owning GW4.  The phone was looking to connect with the old GW, not seeing the new GW4.  It was during wearable app update.  I just factory reset the watch 4 and started the initial setup again.  It went through as normal, and have not experienced any issues since.  Everything is as the same as my old GW.  

0 Likes