Original topic:

Watch 4 Missing 'Use Lock for Payments Only' functionality.

(Topic created: 12-26-2021 05:03 PM)
userOgJvmoZ5Y2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, Is this page an actual place where software problems are fixed or a place for people to share opinions? I recently purchased a Watch 4 and there is an issue with Samsung Pay and setting a security pin. The issue I have found is that in order to set the pin for Samsung Pay the watch setting for a pin to unlock the phone also needs to be set. This causes the owner to enter the pin twice to use Samsung Pay, once to unlock the phone and then again to use Samsung Pay. I have absolutely no interest in entering a pin twice, I will keep my old watch 3. It seems the software is missing 'use lock for payments only' logic. Is there a software developer from samsung that can confirm this logic will be added or will not be added.  

12 Replies
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Everyone hates the whole watch lock. It may, however, be part of Google's security requirements now that Samsung switched OS. i hate that Google is always adding inconvenient security protocols even on computers. It should always be a choice how the USER wants to balance security with convenience. IMO there is no reason to lock the whole watch, when they can just maybe have the option to secure certain apps. It is really annoying when the watch randomly decides to lock itself and I have to unlock it to do anything other than check the time.
0 Likes
Tuxster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too used to own a Samsung Galaxy Watch 2 and the Samsung Pay worked great! When I launched it on the watch it would ask for a pin. Not to unlock the watch - to unlock the application so I could use Samsung Pay!

Anything else I wanted to do on the watch was allowed without a pin. Now with the GW4 (my new watch) that is no longer the case. The Samsung Pay application on my phone FORCES me to set a PIN on my GW4 that locks the watch! If I want to use Samsung Pay on my watch I have to put a PIN on the GW4. This means when I want to change a setting by pulling down from the top (say, to turn DND on/off, or access my GW4 flashlight) nothing is allowed UNTIL I enter the pin. Absurd!

Let's get this feature request completed. Make the APPLICATION request a pin ONLY when you're attempting to use Samsung Pay on the watch.

My Samsung phones have ALWAYS had pins/biometric/pattern security - it makes sense /there/.

Can't wait for the GW5! (need beta testers?) 

🙂

isaacoryxk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine does the same thing been hoping for a bit that they would fix this
0 Likes