Original topic:

Watch 4 classic charging starts and stops

(Topic created: 07-24-2022 08:48 AM)
mikeisbest
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey y'all, 

I bought my watch in December and lately have started having issues charging. It starts, and the goes to charging paused, then goes back to charging. It cycles through this every few seconds. I've tried different chargers and different bricks. I've tried reverse charging it off my s22 ultra. All with similar results. Any ideas to fix this, or is it a software bug? Anyone else had this issue before?
0 Likes
6 Replies
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are you sure the watch is seated correctly on the charger? Is the charger service clean, as well as the watch back? Even a lille bit of dust, oil or residue can intrfere with the connection. The possibility also exists that your charger is bad.
0 Likes
Krxon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello
I got my watch 4 classic 1 month ago and it does the same.
In order to charge it properly, I must turn it off.
Otherwise it gets very hot and stops and starts charging and vibrates every 30ish seconds.
I tried to use several Samsung chargers, and PC USB ports. Charging cable is brand new,
without nylon or dirt on it.
But even when turned off, it pauses charging every few minutes. At least it doesn't do it non stop and it doesn't vibrate.
This watch obviously has charging issues because I saw many other posts with same issue.
Regards

mikeisbest
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I found that putting it on silent instead of vibrate helps when the battery is super low. It'll still go from charging to not charging, but it won't vibrate itself off the charger. Once it gets to a certain point it'll stop doing that. I try not to let my watch get below 30% anymore. As long as I put it on the charger early enough it seems to be fine.
0 Likes
jess1995
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem with watch 4. Most days it won't even charge unless my phone is charging as well. It's annoying. No dirt or anything on it. I've had the issue since I got the watch and my phone back in February/March. Samsung will not do anything about it
0 Likes
jess1995
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not to mention when it does charge it dies in like an hour. Sorry I spent 300 on this watch, I expect it to work properly. Samsung fix this issue or send us new watches
0 Likes
mikeisbest
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh, Google how to clear the cache. Something it drains really fast after an update, and clearing the cache fixes it. As for not charging, keeping mine on silent has fixed it.
0 Likes