JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 4 classic won't import cards from samsung pay

(Topic created: 12-28-2021 07:29 PM)
usert6YBqNmniv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am at a total loss. I just got a the samsung watch 4 classic and am trying to add my cards via samsung pay. I have 4 cards saved on my samsung pay and everytime I try to add it to my watch, it says I have no cards to import. I've reset my watch 2x, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, check for updates. Nothing is working. Any answers or help would be greatly appreciated. 
5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usert6YBqNmniv The solution is to add the cards as new instead of using import. 

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
this is why I never used my watch for payments...have to add cards to the watch as a separate device - no thanks
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's because each device assigns your cards a different virtual number. I agree, it's annoying, especially if you have to make a return snd they require your card to charge back-- you have to remember which device you used. I think there should be one Pay cloud that is accessed by all devices.
usert6YBqNmniv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea, it's kind of a pain. They make it sound so easy with no issues. I find it really annoying. It's almost like what's the point.
Members_kVEPGTr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem and yes it is very annoying, when I had my apple watch and iPhone apple pay imported both in the watch and the phone, It was so easy because as soon as you add a card to apple pay it will ask if you want it in the watch and give you the choice. I'm starting to think making the switch to samsung was a mistake.