Original topic:

Watch 4 heart rate monitoring stops with little sweat

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 07:02 PM)
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have noticed that galaxy watch 4 stops recording heart rate if your wrist gets sweaty. I play tennis and my heart rate monitoring stops recording many times in between. I have used the watch active 2 before and seems like watch 4 is much more prone to sweat than active 2 in comparision. May be the flatter watch 4 surface traps more sweat causing interruptions in recordings. I have tried wiping off the wrist more frequently but that has not helped. 

I do like my new watch 4 a lot...jst this heart rate issues with sweaty wrist is a big issue for me.

Appreciate any advise for a solution or fix.
15 Replies
a-guppy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try putting a power rubber band in front of the wrist watch. so that the watch don't slide as mutch. Idk
0 Likes
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately sliding is not an issue but the accumulation of sweat under the watch causes problem. I try to wipe it off but it comes back and issue persists
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you loosened the band a notch would it still be tight enough for a reading while letting a little more air flow underneath? If not you could try a different band to see if it allows the Watch to sit differently. Maybe the more breathable and flexible types. As a last resort you could try a little clear antiperspirant on the area of the wrist where the Watch sits. But that would probably just be a nuisance to do every time you play.
0 Likes
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried loosening the band and wearing it further up but tht has not helped much. Putting antiperspirant is a pain everytime u undertake some activity. Suprisingly watch active 2 did not have this issue so am guessing the new flat design is more prone to sweat.
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's likely. I have seen more reports of people reporting "burns" of what appears more like irritation from sweat than a burn. I don't know if you are using the stabdard silicone (or is it Fluoroelastomer?) band, but I wonder if a more flexible material such as nylon or canvas would allow more movement and occasional airflow
0 Likes
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the standard silicone sports band that came with the watch. At this point I dont hv a workable solution. Unfortunately this is not something that can be fixed with a software update as it seems to be a hardware design problem. I have had the issue even with very little sweat. Will just wait and c if someone can find a work around for it.
Lorek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have notice the same with my GW4
0 Likes
Baobaokim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Isn't this software issue?
0 Likes
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I doubt software can fix this as the sweat accumulation underneath is probably due to flatter shape of the watch nd firmer fit
0 Likes