JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 4 home button double press shortcut keeps resetting

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 10:45 AM)
usercvSHuOQ6py
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and was very happy to discover we could now assign the home button double press gesture to open any app we want, so I used it to open Google Pay. However, since then, the gesture has been resetting itself every couple days back to the default (previous app). I'll get to the register to pay, double press, and - no payment app. It's not ideal. Has anyone found a fix for this?

28 Replies
useriZmeNGpiI4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Man this is really annoying. It's reset a good 5 times in the past week for me. Every time I reset it to google wallet it is only temporary and I run into the same situation as yourself. Must be a recent bug

userzzGWUgWePl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, started about a week ago, jus keep resetting to recent app from Google wallet no matter how many times you change it.

Araragi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue.
I assume the only way to fix this is to wait for Samsung to do so... 

Using a Samsung watch has literally become an embarrassment at this point - you suddenly can't pay with the thing anymore  without fumbling with it like an  at the register

0 Likes
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have my GW4 set to google wallet also with the home key double press, and I found that when ever I get a update from the gooe play store that updates the wallet then the watch will revert back to default until I change it back again. Must be some kind of safety or security thing it does
ITMinionNZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem. It has made using Google Wallet unreliable on the device. Extremely frustrating

0 Likes
kkoenen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. Following this. 

0 Likes
SandBeast
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here this is really annoying.

0 Likes
nitro1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue on the GW5 Pro

user1fcMNlbFNi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is also bugging me, so annoying when you're at the checkout and you have to go look for Google Pay in the menu because the double press doesn't work...

0 Likes