JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 4 home button double press shortcut keeps resetting

(Topic created: 10-24-2022 04:09 AM)
usercvSHuOQ6py
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and was very happy to discover we could now assign the home button double press gesture to open any app we want, so I used it to open Google Pay. However, since then, the gesture has been resetting itself every couple days back to the default (previous app). I'll get to the register to pay, double press, and - no payment app. It's not ideal. Has anyone found a fix for this?

dewasmachine
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, when is this finally getting fixed?

0 Likes
userKq2MOfh88F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue on Galaxy Watch 5. Please fix this Samsung! It's a known issue that has persisted for over 2 months! 

0 Likes
Andrewsbsmith
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here GW4

0 Likes
oatesy86
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue too - really irritating!

0 Likes
BooleanBill
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue on my GW5!

0 Likes
userSMMAonh0xi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same. This issue was on Watch4, which I replaced with Watch5 LTE - double press shortcut is resetting back to "recently used app" for no reason, randomly. Gosh, its so annoying. How to report this as A BUG to Samsung?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand you frustration with your Galaxy watch 4 double tap home button feature not working as expected. I would recommend reporting this through the Galaxy wearables app as an error report. Give this link a try for the steps to provide the feedback through the Galaxy wearables app: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/

0 Likes
userSMMAonh0xi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately, this guide looks outdated.

In my Galaxy Wearable app "Contact with us" is hidden under "General/Help"  section opened from settings submenu.

This opens support page:

https://www.samsung.com/support/

I remember this was easier once.

Either way, I will try to bombard report this bug.

H4X00R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here with GW5 Pro

0 Likes
bacchusmarsh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Been happening since maybe two updates ago, very annoying!

0 Likes