JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 4 home button double press shortcut keeps resetting

(Topic created: 08-26-2022 01:39 PM)
usercvSHuOQ6py
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and was very happy to discover we could now assign the home button double press gesture to open any app we want, so I used it to open Google Pay. However, since then, the gesture has been resetting itself every couple days back to the default (previous app). I'll get to the register to pay, double press, and - no payment app. It's not ideal. Has anyone found a fix for this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
28 Replies
userSMMAonh0xi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Guys, if you want this bug to be fixed, you NEED to report this directly to Samsung. More reports, faster results. I reported mine case. Did you? 😄

0 Likes
cowgrlcrzy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and when I set a custom double press action for the home key it works two or three times before resetting to most recent app. This has been happening awhile. Always hope the next update fixes it but no luck. Any suggestions for a fix?
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
What version of wear OS are you on?
0 Likes
cowgrlcrzy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wear OS 3.5, One UI 4.5
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Software version ends in GVK7?
0 Likes
cowgrlcrzy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'll have to do some digging. I have the 4 as well, but I don't experience this issue.
cowgrlcrzy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks, I've tried looking for a solution but couldn't find one.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would do a backup and then Factory Reset your watch. 

When re-connecting it to your phone I would decline restoring from backup initially and see if everything is working.  After that if it's all working I would then restore the backup

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes