JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 08:03 AM)
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EgyptianGod
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've noticed that people are saying that they are having an issue where they have an "ongoing notification that can't be cleared" on their watch. I am here to shed some light on this. I just experienced this on my Galaxy Watch6 Classic 47mm. This should work on ANY Galaxy Watch that is having this issue. You probably have the Bluetooth /Wifi + 4G LTE version like I own. These are the steps that I did to clear this ANNOYING notification:

• Turn off the Bluetooth on your Phone/Device the watch is connected to.
  • Wait till the Galaxy Watch connects to the 4G LTE services.
  • Go to the ANNOYING notification and click on it.
  • Call your voicemail from the option in the notification. (even if you don't have a voicemail in your inbox STILL DO THIS!!!)
  • Listen to the female voicemail in the voicemail.
  • THIS NEXT STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS AND IS THE WAY TO CLEAR IT!!!!
  • Open up the Keypad on the Watch and Press ** (Let her say "Thank you for calling, Goodbye) and the watch will disconnect from the voicemail on it's own.
  • Turn the Bluetooth back on the phone/device and let the Galaxy Watch connect by itself.
  • PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
  • 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

View solution in context

121 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with repeated voicemail notifications. I noticed you said that you had a voicemail notification even if you didn't have a voicemail on your phone. Are you by any chance using the Digits program through T-Mobile where your watch pairs with the same number as your phone?

realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch has a different number that it is actually non functional and is linked/paired to the phone. We tried everything, including unpairing the phone, setting up the watch VM box and then clearing it, but still the nitification persists. This is a KNOWN issue with both Samsung and T-MOBILE and, as I understand ir, has been going on for quite a while among many customers. As I said in my post, the best solution would just be not having persistent ongoing notifications. 2nd best, would be allowing us to control/dismiss them. In any case accessing the VM box should clear the notification regardless if a VM exists. I might also add that the notification is ONLY on the watch., not the phone, which is a Galaxy S10 lite.
Members_JjaCogr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try turning your moblie data on your watch. See if it solves it, it did  for me.

userPWEcB97jVQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
On the same boat!
Watch 4 with digits plan. Last update has many issues
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, today's update appeared to solve the problem of persistent notification, but that was only while it was in proximity to my phone. I noticed that at some point during the day the notification was absent from the notification drawer and I was very happy.  However, as soon as I moved out of Bluetooth range, the (phantom) voicemail notification returned on the watch. Previously, the notification stayed, even if it wasn't actually buzzing me, but now it only stays if I am out of range of my phone. Once I acknowledge it, it leaves me alone, but still hangs around, unable to be dismissed. Once connected back to the phone, it disappears. So thanks, Samsung, for finding a half fix to the problem. Now, if you can just address the real problem that ALL notifications should be able to be dismissed and never heard from again...

user82ZKlxSAir
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine doesn't even do that. Mine is there 100% of the time and sucks my battery dry.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch 4 classic is bluetooth, not LTE, and I have this issue.. Is frustrating because the only way to remove it is by turning off phone notifications.. So no phone calls notifications on my watch? Such an inconvenience. Please add an option to turn off voice mail notifications... My watch sometimes dies after 8 hrs.. Because of this annoying notification that goes off every 3 mins.. I actually hate my watch now!
Mishiel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello Samsung _Moderator.
Question: what if we are using T-Mobile's "Digits" program (like you mention above)?
Do you have any info for us about this that you can share, or know of a fix for the annoying voicemail notification?
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. @Mishiel. I see T-Mobile currently has a thread in their community regarding the symptoms you are experiencing. Give this link a try for the solution other members have found on their watches: https://community.t-mobile.com/android-9/constant-voicemail-received-on-watch-12269