cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJohno
Constellation

Watch 46mm 4g Overheating

Hi all, 

Had my watch for a week and have a serious issue with it overheating everytime it disconnects from Bluetooth. Im also noticing the battery is draining rapidly when it does this. Im not using it to take calls , or make calls, nor am i receiving lots of texts, so why its overheating all the time is confusing me. 

When connected to bluetooth , it doesnt exhibit the issue at all.  Ive noticed a lot of people with the same issue on these forums with no apparent fix.  Ive carried out a data cache clean and a master reset all via Samsung live chat function. I was advised to monitor it for 24 hrs. Literally 10 mins after the chat ended, it displayed the overheating message three times in 15 minutes.

Can anyone assist me please.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
userIrgNsH5P1L
Constellation

Re: Watch 46mm 4g Overheating

I've had over heating issues too. Seems like this is a common occurance with this watch. Shame as I really like it. I bought mine yesterday and already overheated several times when I disconnected from my phone. I wanted to use it to listen to music at the gym without my phone. I took it back today and have to go to a shop further afield for a replacement. If the replacement overheats again, im calling it a day with samsung 

PeterJohno
Constellation

I dont understand why Samsung cant address this. I really like the watch and went for the 4g version so I'm not tied to my phone.  It is totally unusable when disconnected from bluetooth , its nuts they cant sort this. I've got the option to swap it for another but I'm concerned that will do the exact same thing.  After two live chat sessions with samsung they said if I contact again, they will take the watch away for testing. That leaves me with no watch.  I could take it to a store , but I know they wouldn't know what to do either.  Come on Samsung , sort it out ! 

userwEISRebbXB
Astronaut

Hi,

Me too, this is my second one, and it has the same issue!!!!!

Does anyone have a solution????

Thanks people!!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userwEISRebbXB I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.