Original topic:

Watch 5 Pro Disconnecting NOT READING HR continuously LOCKS requiring Password

(Topic created: 12-03-2022 06:04 AM)
WLDM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sooo my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro will lose connection randomly.  It never says connection is lost but I know its disconnected somehow bc it won't read Heartrate NOW and the watch will lock requiring password if I turn my wrist.  What's the issue Samsung? It's annoying especially in the middle of workouts 
0 Likes
7 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've heard that if the watch is even a little loose on the wrist, this issue can occur. It's happened a few times on my watch 4, but no issues if it's a snug fit.
0 Likes
WLDM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It can't get any tighter or I'm cutting off the hand...lolol... I would have to restart one of the devices If not both for it to function properly
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
You could try a factory reset of your watch.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch only requires a password when the watch is taken off wrist and probably when one falls asleep. So the problem isn't the os probably that the watch isn't fastened on your wrist well enough.
0 Likes
WLDM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
If that's the case its annoying bc the strap is as tight as it can get without causing an uncomfortable feel. Even when I reStrap it won't read or requires Password until I restart. I can prevent requiring Password by disabling Password, which is what I did in the beginning but I shouldn't have to do that.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your Galaxy watch 5 pro disconnecting randomly and the password being required more frequently. Also, the HR rate not reading may be linked to a sensor issue. I would recommend giving this link a try, please know that the troubleshooting steps for the Galaxy watch 4 classic will be the same for the Galaxy watch 5 Pro: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Watch-4-classic-keeps-on-disconnecting-and-unable-t...

0 Likes
WLDM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
UPDATE... I THINK the issue is the wristband... while these fabric bands are comfortable, when they become wet, they expand and become loose around the wrist. NOT COOL.
0 Likes