Original topic:

Watch 5 Pro looped route fatal flaw

(Topic created: 09-03-2022 09:16 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have created a couple of GPX routes that are loops, and almost every time I try to do one of them on the Watch 5 Pro, after getting a GPS lock the watch says "end point reached" and navigation never starts. The watch needs to know that I haven't started the route yet before telling me I've reached the end point and canceling navigation. I have recreated the route with a gap between the start and end points and this works a little better, but the "end point reached" bug still happens about half the time. Hopefully this will get fixed in a software update.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm finding mine is quite a bit off and was going to have me walk/ jump off a 75 foot bridge. Hopefully it's a bug in the works
0 Likes
ExplodingMuffin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have this bug, c'mon Samsung..

0 Likes
Tuckerama
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also confirmed this issue today while back-country skiing. I went down the trail a few hundred feet to see if it would recognize the loop. Just pointed me back to start. I was in an area that I knew so it wasn't an issue but it's a safety thing. Maybe I shouldn't close the loop on the GPX file? I came from the Garmin world so I'm a little underwhelmed. Darn... I liked the watch a lot for many other reasons.

0 Likes
userJ88yh3a6KP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey was this issue ever solved? it's so annoying. I had a garmin but liked the design of pro more - disappointing.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not to my knowledge. My watch just sits in a drawer for the most part.
0 Likes
Zeusmannj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is very frustrating. I have to set the end point well away from the start point just to get started
0 Likes