cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Watch Active 2 Phone & Messages Notifications Disabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure if this is specific to the Watch Active 2, but when I first set up my Active 2 on my Pixel 4, all app notifications are available for me to toggle on/off. However, after a couple of days the Phone, Phone Services, and Messages are completely disabled (grayed out) for me on the Samsung Wear app (see attached screenshot). I can't get any notifications on my watch because of this. I'm not sure if this is caused by some Google Play Store update, but seems like I lose all persmissions to access them. Again, this is not an issue when I first set up the watch or reset it and start all over (which is frustrating to do every couple of days). 

Screenshot_20200421-102121.png

I checked the permissions of the Samsung Galaxy Wearable and Watch Active2 Plugin permissions, and both have the necessary permissions granted.

Screenshot (Apr 21, 2020 10_28_48 AM).pngScreenshot (Apr 21, 2020 10_28_08 AM).png 

I am stumped at this point. I hate that I can't depend on the watch for being notified of calls and text messages and I don't want to have to reset the watch every couple of days/weeks.

Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Watch Active 2 Phone & Messages Notifications Disabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's it. I'm done. I've missed enough important calls and texts to keep this watch around. I've tried reaching out to Samsung for a resolution and no hope. I gave up on Samsung phones a while ago and now I will never buy another Samsung mobile product.

I'm listing it for sale at a loss but it's better than keeping a product that fails to work as intended. I'm going back to Wear OS - I'll take a hit on battery life any day over unreliability.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue,  please help! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of curiousity, what phone are you using? Trying to see if that has anything to do with it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. If I restart my phone the ability to toggle comes back.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@lisag0209 wrote:

Same here. If I restart my phone the ability to toggle comes back.

You're lucky you can fix that with a restart. For me, it's a complete reset of the watch. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's it. I'm done. I've missed enough important calls and texts to keep this watch around. I've tried reaching out to Samsung for a resolution and no hope. I gave up on Samsung phones a while ago and now I will never buy another Samsung mobile product.

I'm listing it for sale at a loss but it's better than keeping a product that fails to work as intended. I'm going back to Wear OS - I'll take a hit on battery life any day over unreliability.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any fix for this? Same issue