JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch Active 2 Sudden Battery Issues

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 10:54 AM)
Churchill Smoker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had this watch for a year and a half with no issues but in the last 10 days it is using battery like never before. Every night when I put it on the charger at least 50% was remaining. Now I cant get through a 14 hour day without it going dead. I first noticed that the gesture function seemed way more sensitive. Only rarely did raising my hand turn the screen ON but now every movement seemed to do it so that was the first thing I turned off. That really didn't seem to help a lot. I have since done the following:

Rebooted the watch. Several times.

Changed to a black watch face.

Reduced the number of apps that can send notifications.

Did a reset.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Galaxy Wear.

Updated all Apps that needed to be updated.

Did another reset following the reinstall.

Fully charged the watch after the last 3 steps.

In 3 hours I have used 20% of the battery. The usage shows:

settings 13%; notifications 13%; samsung health 8%; watch faces 5%; music, health monitor, bixby, and messages are 1% each.

I received 2 texts in that time period. Nothing else. Nada. Wasn't using the phone either. I was painting. No calls, no music, no nothing.

My questions are:

Why is " settings " using any battery at all let alone the most?

2 texts equal 13% of battery use? Or what does notifications actually mean?

Does counting my steps really use all that much battery? Never used to.

I purposely did not look at my watch during this 3 hours. Is this usage reasonable for a blank watch face?

Finally usage math. If I used 19% of the battery, the usage %s should either equal 19% or 100% if they are %s of what has been used. What is it really suppose to mean since they equal neither one of those numbers?

Since this is so sudden I feel like some update has gone bad. I believe there were a couple recently but I can't say when. My software information is: One UI Watch Version 2.0; Tizen Version 5.5.0.2; Software Version R820XXU1DUH1; Knox 2.5.0; Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.5.0; SE for Tizen 2.0.0; TIMA 3.0.0.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry you are not able to charge your watch, and can understand how frustrating that is. How long has this issue been happening, and are you using the original charger that came with the device?

If you are able, please send me a private message, either by clicking onto my profile and clicking Send a Message, or using this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

Please make sure to include the following information for the most expedient assistance in the private message:

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
userQloc3OdbN3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've got the same issue. Watch is coming up to 2 years old and up until now I've been getting 36 hours or more on a charge but almost overnight the battery is lasting no time at all. I charged it to 100% at 4pm yesterday after it lost power really quickly following the previous charge it was down to 50% by midnight with no real use. I then put it into sleep mode and by 7am this morning it was down to 2%. Some kind of update must be causing it. It's pretty much unusable as it is.

0 Likes
userT4nyjesDHT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes! I am experiencing the same issue. Just started happening in the last few days. Can't even get a full 24 hours. Lucky to get 14 hours. 😕
0 Likes
userpOHYkBYcuj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is much newer...2-3 months old. I have it set so that most things are off. Watch is in NOT always on mode (turns on when I look at it). Things were fine...charge used to last 24 hours.

Now suddenly it dies in 5-6 hours. The only change has been a software update the Samsung pushed a couple of days ago.

Please help!

0 Likes
userpOHYkBYcuj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The recent update I got was Software Version R820XXU1DUH1 too. Pretty sure this is what caused the issue

userpOHYkBYcuj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anyone from Samsung tech support watch these forums? They need to investigate ASAP and roll out a new software update. Watch is pretty unusable right now. 

Churchill Smoker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

In addition to the steps I took above I turned off all exercise detection except walking, and turned off heart beat monitor . Helped some but not completely. Before turning it off last night I uninstalled Samsung Health from my S10. 

After 5 hours today I have used 16% of the battery. When I got my first notice to get up and move around I realized Samsun Health is still active on the watch. Ihad also turned off alerts in the watch health app yesterday so Iwas surprised to get this notice.

Back to usage, the samsung health app is still the biggest user by far. Ten times more than the next use: Health 45%, Notifications 4%. 

So multiple resets possibly helped some. Black screen with no complications probably helped some. Cutting back on notifications might have also. BUT.....

All this stuff worked before with no massive loss of battery. If we have to keep giving up things that make a smart watch smart whats the point. My phone tells time.

Please fix this!!!

CS

Churchill Smoker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So for two weeks it seemed to work OK except that I was doing without all of the features I turned off. Then yesterday it ran out of battery around 6pm after 11 hours off the charger. I thought it was odd since I wasn't having issues for a couple of weeks. When I got up this morning it was at ZERO after all night charge.

I left it on the charger thinking perhaps I didn't set it on there correctly last nite. Nope. Still Zero. The little charging icon comes on when you put it on the charger but obviously not charging. 

So what now? What has become of this watch after the last update? Why have so many of us encountered problems? What is going to be done? These are not disposable products , or are they? Is this your counter to Apple watch? Or are you just putting your toe in the water like LG?

What is my solution? 

CS

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry you are not able to charge your watch, and can understand how frustrating that is. How long has this issue been happening, and are you using the original charger that came with the device?

If you are able, please send me a private message, either by clicking onto my profile and clicking Send a Message, or using this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

Please make sure to include the following information for the most expedient assistance in the private message:

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

View solution in context

0 Likes