Original topic:

Watch Active 2 touch screen stopped working overnight

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 08:46 AM)
userIuNZ6w99yg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Watch Active 2 touch screen suddenly went crazy on the night of 5/24/21.  In the morning, it was vibrating on its charger (without any input from me) and the touch screen became completely unresponsive.  I have tried power cycling the watch and performing the reboot by pressing both buttons for 7 seconds, but nothing has worked.

Please help.  This seems like a software/firmware issue, as I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with the watch, itself.

5 Replies
DigBit
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a Watch Active2 but I've never experienced something like this have you tried the touch bezel is it unresponsive?
0 Likes
userIuNZ6w99yg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No touch response at all.  I contacted Samsung and they had me perform a factory reset.  All that did was left me with an unusable watch because now it can't get past the initialization screen.  At least before, I had time, steps, heart rate, and weather.  Now, it's nothing but a yellow screen asking me to swipe up to connect, which I obviously can't do.

0 Likes
user83D4IgA9pk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine has the same issues. Did the resets and reboots. It is possessed. 3.5 months out of warranty and customer service had two options, send it in for repair at my cost or trade it in for an active 3 and get $60 discount. What a joke. I'm done with Samsung.

0 Likes
userIuNZ6w99yg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's funny (not) that you say that - they gave me the same exact option, and mine was in the same time frame out of the 1-year warranty.  We're not the only ones, either, as there are numerous other posts on this board and elsewhere about this issue.  To me, it sounds as if this was either the software that failed, some problem with wireless charging, or the screens are/were defective.  I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with the watch (no swimming/showering with the watch, and I was careful to never drop it or scrape the screen, etc.),  It just really started acting up in the middle of the night when it wasn't even on my wrist, where the watch kept vibrating on and off while charging.  Apparently, to Samsung, this should be expected after a year of ownership.

I wonder what will be uncovered during discovery in the inevitable class action lawsuit.  I'm guessing it'll be a matter of time before we all get a settlement postcard in the mail from the Law Offices of Saul Goodman offering extended warranties or a much bigger discount for buying a new watch, with Samsung admitting no fault. 

It's just not right that a watch that is advertised as being so powerful and robust can die so easily, where Samsung just walks away from the issues.

user2OZzvbnINI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is now possessed! Soft and hard resets, bluetooth disconnected; doesn't matter. Still going crazy, like ants are dancing on it. If I get told to buy another watch, it will most assuredly not be a Samsung. I'll go back to Timex before I drop more than $300 on a watch that doesn't even make two years. 

0 Likes