cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Watch Active 2 workouts "data missing" - Update - Watch being replaced

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see several other threads that may be referencing the same problem but just in case I am starting a new one that calls out the update by name. I ride an exercise bike daily and ever since the R820XXU1BTF3 on Monday 7/20/20 a big time chunk of the workous shows as "missing data". I don't need this update, its for BP and only works in Korea. How do I uninstall it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Watch Active 2 workouts "missing data" - How do I uninstall R820XXU1BTF3 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called back in, got a very nice person who gave me a new ticket and I sent the watch back in. Watch was evaluated by Samsung and I got a notice that the watch was bing returned without action. Dissapointed, I called back in. They told me that in actuality the watch is being replaced. Much better Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Watch 2 workouts "missing data" - How do I uninstall R820XXU1BTF3 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a Reset from the watch. I did the restore from yesterday's backup thinking that it would only restore app data. The watch software is still at R820XXU1BTF3. If I do another Reset but don't do the restore - will I go back to the version that was factory shipped?

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Watch Active 2 workouts "missing data" - How do I uninstall R820XXU1BTF3 update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing on this? Every single workout since I installed this update has large chunks of "missing data". This never happened once before R820XXU1BTF3 installed. There has to be a way to remove it? I see @SamsungRei on this other thread about this update, can you help? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Active2-SM-R820-Update-R820XXU1BTF3-Watch-Dead/td-p...

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update - I called in for service. Surprisingly I got a real person in just a few minutes and also surprisingly when he asked what troubleshooting I had done he concluded I needed to send the watch in. It got there in a day, they had it for 1 business day and it's due back to me today. The solution is listed as a replacement PBA which appears to be the main system unit. We will see if it worked:

Original Problem:
POWER - POWER - NO POWER AFTER UPGRADE

Problem found:
LOCK UP DURING OPERATION (SW) - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT

Solution:
REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COSMETIC

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to keep things interesting the watch got another new update yesterday. Then this morning I had no missing data on my ride. So maybe its fixed. Either by the repair or the new update or both.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Missing dataMissing data

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still broken Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called back in, got a very nice person who gave me a new ticket and I sent the watch back in. Watch was evaluated by Samsung and I got a notice that the watch was bing returned without action. Dissapointed, I called back in. They told me that in actuality the watch is being replaced. Much better Smiley Happy

View solution in original post