Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Watch Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNsIeO1jSFk I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I'm also having this issue - after Samsung on Twitter told me to just go to my GP I stopped wearing my gear fit 2 - I've finally put it back on and 2 weeks later I've had the same thing happen. It's not running notifications or anything that isn't steps, heart rate and excersise monitoring as the battery has also been running down in a few hours. Please can you help?Screenshot_20200129_073834_com.twitter.android.png

IMG_20200129_073758.jpg

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd be happy to assist you with this, Could you provide me with the model number and serial number for your device via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just thought I would also chime in on this thread.

Having had the Galaxy Watch since launch (on a pre-order too), it has been repaired once already due to heating up, battery drain (lasted a few hours) and finally died altogether.

The replacement 2 days ago caused severe burns to my wrist.  Same as others here, heartrate sensor heated up and the next thing you know, theres a nice skin peel/blister on the wrist.

By the time the strap is off etc, it can be a few seconds before the watch is clear and in that time it can cause damage.

Tale-tale signs of issues was last week when the heart rate sensor went over 200 according to the watch.  The fitbit on the other hand was low 80's and given I was not having a stroke, I believe the fitbit!

Samsung were very good at communicating and picking the watch up quickly however the post-pickup not so much.

They have admit to the watch being in very good condition with no liquid or physical damage.  They have also admit to having a bad heart-rate sensor which will be the cause of the heatup I guess.

Iniitally I said go ahead and repair as they gave me no other choices (I did ask!) but today having come across this thread and a few others... I called them to say I have no trust in the unit and don't want it back.

After a few minutes, he basically said repair was the only option and it would be checked / tested and confirmed as no further issues.

What was I expecting?  To be honest...probably a replacement, upgrade or refund.

We have left it at that for now - I'll get it back this week and we go from there.  I did say I was happy to not take action against Samsung however should there be any further issues with this £300 watch, I would take action on the original issue.

It is a shame Samsung act this way - I think any other brand would probably take this more seriously but then look at Hotpoint and their antics recently!

Future?  A lot of people are quick to say I'll never buy Samsung again but in my own opinion, they still have one of the best out there and despite now using the fitbit as the main watch now, I find myself missing the functionality of the Samsung daily.

If it does indeed work, I might sell / trade it in and see if I can find another non-samsung option or go for the active 2 ditching the GW altogether or just wait for the next one.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly a reason I don't own a smart watch... Dont need it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Galaxy active 2  watch on February 11th, I am also having the same issue with the burn mark on my wrist directly under the heart rate monitor. I can no longer wear this watch as it has happened twice now.  I guess I will have to return it which is disappointing because I was enjoying it, I believe this is a potentially dangerous defect, and apparently it is somewhat common. Also, I was wearing another brand of smart watch with HR monitor and did not have this issue. I will try to post pictures of the marks on my wrist.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

My wife received a full thickness burn from the active 2 watch.  4 gp visits, emergency room, surgical consult, and skin graft surgery 2 days ago. Crickets from Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see that Samsung replies to the messages here. Has anyone actually heard back from them after sending them the requested info? I sent it to them and have never heard anything back. I like to use my gear watch primarily as a sleep tracker. Unfortunately I've had to resort to putting a piece of electrical tape on the bottom side to block the sensor from burning my skin. Unfortunately this has kept it from tracking my sleep as well. The watch is pretty much useless at this point unless I want to continue to get burned. Samsung has yet to contact me back and I was just curious if they contacted anyone else after sending the info

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was burned on 03-21-2020. Felt like I was getting bit by a bug, boy was I wrong. The sensor burned my wrist. Instant blister. I called Samsung and they act like it's alright. It's not alright, what if it was a child? Im not happy and will pursuit this in every way possible to me. They need to realize this is serious20200322_104831.jpg