cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOL7Y8vP832
Asteroid

Re: Watch OVERHEATING after 5 minutes talk time

The overheating issue is wide spread...Look at all the blogs online...I finally returned mine to the place I purchased the watch. Don't waste your time on this watch. It also happens to my son's Galaxy watch 46mm and he has had his almost a year....Samsung is ignoring the issue...

Highlighted
FatherSans
Explorer

Were these LTE or Bluetooth? Did you purchase them in a carrier store like Verizon or Sprint, or was it through Samsung? Or was it ordered. I think someone in the comments mentioned blog posts were everywhere about this issue, you type in Galaxy Active 2 on any browser and go 10 pages on, there is nothing about this being a large issue. No need to point fingers at samsung full throttle right away. I understand if the watch is actually dropping the call cause of the heat, thats a problem, however lithium batteries natually get hot under stress.

userXaC6pcjk8j
Astronaut

Your lucky you can even call.  If I turn off bluetooth on my phone and use LTE, in about 10 secs the overheating alarm is constantly on.  It gets seriously hot too!  I'm worried it might burn me.  What an engineering fault.  My wife has one too as we bought it together.  Same thing happens to hers.   I don't know if a update can solve this as less power will equal less sigal to connect.    Not happy Samsung.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userXaC6pcjk8j Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model numbers and IMEIs in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2