cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Watch Trade-In Question

Has anyone traded-in an old watch without a band on it?

I just spoke with somone via chat and was told that the watch must include a band. I would like to verify this information. My original band is long gone and I'm not giving them my nice leather replacement band! Any input would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Watch Trade-In Question

I have no idea but buy a cheap band on Amazon you can get them for less than 10 bucks
Highlighted
Asteroid

I will do that if necessary. I just can't understand what they would do with an old used watchband!

Highlighted
Galaxy

Same boat here, I'm trading in my Active 2 for the $150 credit toward the Galaxy 3.  I saw "someplace" in the support area that you only needed to turn in the watch itself, no accessories,  but couldn't find that again.  So, yesterday, I contacted "support" via Chat, and after about 40 minutes explaining what I wanted to do, giving them the order number, and when they wanted my E-mail and shipping address I balked.  For a simple question like "What do I need to send back"?  

I finally got through that I didn't have a problem with the order, but just wanted to know what I needed to send in, and finally got the answer that I needed to return the watch.  I specifically asked about the charging puck, and that apparently was a concept completely foreign to the person I talked with.

I love the Galaxy 3, it's a nice watch, but after reading the forums about the horrible customer service, the worming out of warranty service, and other tales, I'm just about to forgo the niceness of the Galaxy 3, and go back to Apple.  I've tried to set up polls, both here and on Facebook, but apparently Samsung users aren't interested in letting others know about their experiences.  Too bad.. *sigh*

By the way, I'm returning the watch, and the original leather band that I removed upon purchase, as I like the nylon loop type bands, more comfortable, and fit better, so we'll see what happens.  If they don't like my return, they'll get everything back and I'll go back to Apple, the heartburn isn't worth it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I also used the "Chat" service for my inquiry. They asked for all of the same info from me. I gave them my order number, but then got irritated and refused to give them anything else. It took about 30 minutes before I got my first answer that the band must be included, but I still think the rep did not have a clue as to the right answer and just gave me the "safe" response. I do like the Watch3 so far, but am undecided if I will keep it or return it and keep my S3.

Highlighted
Galaxy

An update.  After a long thought process, I've decided to send the Galaxy 3 back.  For the "upgrade", it's just not worth the additional $300 for a pretty case.  Instead, due to the fact that I ride a bike fairly often as part of my exercise routine, and that the trails here are not exactly smooth, paved, but bumpy, and the fact that neither the Galaxy, nor the Active 2 had tha ability to link to any bluetooth devices other than audio devices, I've decided that for me, while both the Active 2 and Galaxy are nice watches, they won't do what I need.  I'm going to the Garmin Venue, same price, higher pixel count on the screen, more "apps", and the Garmin exercise eco-system.  

Highlighted
Constellation

update October 17th 2020.
No watchband needed with trade-in.
I sent my watch in with no band, no charger, nothing but bubble wrap.
My phone was in good shape and I just received my confirmation email that, unlike the 1st email that said they received my trade in, said "We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In was successful and your device met all of the eligibility requirements. We hope you’re enjoying your new Galaxy Watch3 (45MM), Mystic Black (LTE). No further action is needed at this point."