Original topic:

Watch Ultra/All Wear OS Barometer/ Altimeter Calibration

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
DarthTrucker
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've spent the past 30 minutes looking for a way to calibrate the barometer that all Galaxy watches have, but no one seems to have an answer. Has anyone here figured out how to do it? And no, the compass calibration procedure does not calibrate the barometer. 
0 Likes
13 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

that could be Google's fault and if you changed your location in your dwelling.  In my back room, I'm home, in my living room I'm next door. The coordinates are correct, however.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Could be. Now in my living room and home.
CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Random68
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, I just got the galaxy watch 6 classic and on the compass there is no altimeter at all, I've tried to look for apps on the store but the ratings are poor most under 3.5 star, why would Samsung make one of the most important features so difficult I mean altimeter is absolutely important if you're climbing hills and just want to know how high the elevation is. Samsung please common it's not a cheap watch why can't you make this correction on the app

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know, when I look in the Google Play store, there are many apps 4 stars and above with thousands of reviews, although it looks like most of them are for the phone.  I think that Samsung fobbed the responsibility for an app off on Google.  I think when they included the altimeter and barometer readings into the compass, they thought that would be enough. Unfortunately, a) not many people even know there's a compass app and b) even less know that the altimeter and barometric readings are in it.  And, although it has no bearing on me, I am quite sure it does not meet the needs of hikers and climbers.

0 Likes