Original topic:

Watch active2 (4G)no notifications through WiFi

(Topic created on: 12/6/20 5:59 AM)
userEAxTPa4t9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! 

I recently bought the LTE version of the galaxy watch active2. At the moment it's not connected to any mobile network, so I connect it to my phone through WiFi and Bluetooth. But when it's only connected through WiFi and Bluetooth is disconnected, then it seems to be on standalone mode, without receiving any notifications, even though it's connected at the same WiFi as my phone.

Any advice here? 

(If that matters, my mobile is an android device, but Huawei, not Samsung.)

Thanks in advance for the help! 

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

WiFi in the watch connects only to internet, but can get notifications from the phone through your Samsung account.

It's called Remote Connection. So if you haven't activated Remote Connection in the Wearable app, that is probably the reason. 

ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can confirm this, should be what you are looking for.
userEAxTPa4t9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for taking the time to respond. But that setting was already on, and still didn't work. 

ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK, just to confirm you've done the following steps about Remote Connection

clipboard_image_1607279250910.jpg

ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
My other two far flung thoughts are below. Beyond those I'm note sure. Clearing Cache may help. Hope something helps.

clipboard_image_1607280173251.jpg

clipboard_image_1607280195856.jpg

userEAxTPa4t9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you both for the help. By understanding how notifications work through WiFi and Samsung account, it made me think that some Samsung services are missing from my mobile (Huawei mate 20 Pro), so I installed a Samsung account app, and that seemed to fix the problem, and I managed to connect remotely, but the connection is quite unstable, hit or miss I would say. So I suppose the whole problem is not having a Samsung phone, which is quite a deal breaker, since I plan to get an esim, but I suppose again I would have a little trouble getting my notifications pushed on my watch from my Huawei phone. Sad! 

0 Likes
userkcvAtmIGV8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Weird my Active 2 Watch.

Samsung Website tell us Connect and remote via wifi.

When Wifi or LTE is connected I will not getting Notification.

Give me up and use 1 GB a month for $10 on NumberShare device each.

Will not going to solve the solve.

Canada Wireless Carrier-Bell Mobility

MobileData.jpg

0 Likes