JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch battery burnt my skin

(Topic created: 04-24-2023 06:36 PM)
Slbustos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my Samsung watch from the Verizon store with my phone. I have had the watch for 3 months. Last night the watch started to burn my wrist. I have contacted Verizon. They said it is not there problem.  I am scared to put the watch back on my wrist. Advice? 

20230423_183150.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. We can definitely see how this would be concerning!  We hope you are okay, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
BotMeister
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are you sure it's being caused by the watch itself? I only ask because I used to wear analog watches and once I was using paint thinner and it splashed and got onto my skin under the watch. I didn't take my watch off under much later that day and by then I had burn marks similar to yours. Regardless, that's just something to be aware of as well.
0 Likes
Virgo87
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
That is not from a watch if it was a thermal burn from your watch it will be way worse then that I say it's made up
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
As a former EMT, CNA and combat medic it looks pretty consistent with a first-degree burn to me.

Though it does appear that you may have other dermatological issues consistent with you age.
0 Likes
Kaykay53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well for real that way of dealing with a customer was rude. Verizon needs to check their self it is because the way they said that if it was said that way. That's what is wrong with the world told. If that was me I would never buy anything else from them. Some employees do not care how they speak to customers if you didn't want to do the job don't apply for it. Sorry I got off the topic it just bothered me the way it was worded and I apologized if I took it the wrong way.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Verizon, like most stores, probably has a two week or thirty day return policy. After that, any issues would fall under the Samsung warranty agreement. Not unusual. Pretty standard business practice.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
My advice is to stop using the device immediately and see if you can't get a replacement watch directly for Samsung under warranty.

I'm sorry to hear that you were injured.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. We can definitely see how this would be concerning!  We hope you are okay, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

0 Likes