Original topic:

Watch calendar only syncing events several months in the future

(Topic created: 05-20-2024 07:02 PM)
CocoMint
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Recently I have noticed that while my watch is syncing events, it is only syncing events several months in the future. For example. today is May 20th, but the first event showing on the watch is a birthday on June 22nd, and after that the next event is September 4th. 

Both the Samsumg and Google calendar apps on the phone show the correct events for today. Steps I have take to fix:

- clear data from Samsung calendar app on phone
- restart phone
- restart watch - sometimes this works, but only until the watch syncs a second time
- factory reset watch
- remove some events from calendar - this temporarily fixed the issue, but when I added the events back the issue came back
- reinstall calendar app on watch
- restistall calendar app on phone
- update calendar app on watch
- check for software updates for watch
- unpair watch from phone and repair

I contacted Samsung support, and after they had me do a few of these steps again they referred me get it serviced. However, I'm not sure what physically servicing the device will do, as this seems like a software issue.

Any advise is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
CocoMint
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did more testing. The issue seems to be related to the number of recurring daily events. If I remove all but two daily recurring events it works. As soon as I get to three, it pushes the first event showing on the watch into the future. With more events, the further into the future it goes.
0 Likes