JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch denied warranty repair for water damage

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 09:15 AM)
user2YvpF9qEa2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAMSUNG DENIED MY CLAIM ON WATER DAMAGE, EVENTHOUGH THEY CLAIM THAT THE WATCH IS GRADED  "Water resistant based on 5ATM rating, which
means submersion up to 50 meters per ISO
standard 22810:2010" I THINK AS COSTUMERS WE ALL SHOULD REPORT THIS TO THE ATTORNEY GERAL, SO IT CAN BECAME A CLASS LAW SUIT. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

From my understanding, the watches are rated as specified below. When I hear water resistance I think of a splash of water or a drop in a toilet, sink, etc. I am not on one side or another just giving what I found

"IP rating of 68, which means you can bring it with you on adventures and take comfort in knowing that you can carry on using these devices.

Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes.

*Based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. Not advised for beach or pool use. Water or dust damage not covered by warranty.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip68/

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

From my understanding, the watches are rated as specified below. When I hear water resistance I think of a splash of water or a drop in a toilet, sink, etc. I am not on one side or another just giving what I found

"IP rating of 68, which means you can bring it with you on adventures and take comfort in knowing that you can carry on using these devices.

Devices backed by an international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes.

*Based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. Not advised for beach or pool use. Water or dust damage not covered by warranty.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/ip68/

View solution in context

0 Likes
user2YvpF9qEa2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

THIS IS FROM SAMSUNG WEB SITE

What does 5ATM mean
in Galaxy
smartwatches?

Much like IP68 for Galaxy smartphones, a rating of 5ATM denotes the
level of water pressure it can withstand. Galaxy Watch, Watch Active3,
and Watch3 are all rated 5ATM as well as IP68, meaning that they are
water resistant and resistant to water pressure at a depth of up to 50 meters. So you can not only wear it safely in the rain or while taking a shower, you can use it to track your workouts while you're swimming.
To prevent accidental touches or issues when playing in the water, turn
on Water Lock mode. This disables the touchscreen, wake-up gesture
feature, and watch always on feature. To activate Water Lock mode,
simply select the Swimming exercise option and it will be turned on
automatically.

MEANING FALSE ADVERTSEMENT 

user2YvpF9qEa2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

ALSO, I JUST RECEVIED MY WATCH BACK FROM SUMSANG REPAIR CENTER AND IS DESTROYED. I SENT THE WATCH TO BE FIXED, BECAUSE IT WAS SELECTING FUNCTINONS BY ITSELF, AND THE SCREEN WAS FLICKERING. NOW THE WATCH DOESN'T EVEN TURN ON, AND TO MAKE THINGS EVEN BETTER THE REPAIR CENTER HAD THE AUDACITY TO TAPE THE BACK OF WATCH WITH SCOTCH TAPE TO HOLD IT TOGETHER. I AM FEEL SO DISRESPECTED RIGHT NOW THAT I CAN'T SLEEP. 

0 Likes
user2YvpF9qEa2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

AND BUT THE WAY I SELECTED THE LINK YOU POSTED, AND THE LINK TAKES YOU TO S9 PHONE DESCRIPTIONS.  WE ARE TALKING ABOUT  GALAXY WATCH3. TKS.

0 Likes