JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch diagnostics missing options

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why is there no option in the watch diagnostics to test the Bluetooth? The option is there in the phone diagnostics, but not the watch.  It seems to me this would be an important feature to be able to run a diagnostic on. Also, I have no option to "test all", seems I have to test each item individually.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just report it. They will categorize it in their system. Only way to provide feedback directly to the development team.

View solution in context

6 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
My guess is that we already need to connect watch to phone via bluetooth in order to do watch diagnostic. That is already checking the bluetooth functionality.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sounds almost logical, but the watch has its own BT transmitter and it should be able to be checked separately. Because, even if the dishnostic on the phone, checked the watch at the same time, if it came back as not ok, it probably doesnt tell you which is defective. The watch BT can connect to other devices besides the phone-like headphones or earbuds.
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@realaud It won't hurt to report it using Samsung Members app -> Support. 

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

@LongHiker Can't. There's no option for that kind of feedback in the error report, and this is not an error, it's a design flaw.  They should list "something else" in the form so one can ask a proper question that the community can't answer and is squarely in the province of Samsung engineers.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just report it. They will categorize it in their system. Only way to provide feedback directly to the development team.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, I was able to report it.  Probably won't make any difference, though, I'm sure they have other things to look into.

0 Likes