JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch face changed on its own with gray and white watch face

(Topic created: 07-20-2022 10:53 PM)
KellyEk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch face changed to one that I don't care for and I am unable to change it back. How can I get it to the one that gives me the information I want? I have tried turning it off and turning it back on, uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing changes.

9 Replies
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Which galaxy watch do you have? If it's the watch :watch:️ 4 you can change it on the wearable app or hold down the home screen of the app and scroll for the one you want.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was also going to say through the wearables app even for an Active2

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
KellyEk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
According to the app my version is the Galaxy Wearable 2.2.49...It says it is the most current version installed.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@KellyEk To change the watch face just long press on the watch face. It will shrink and take up only the center part of the screen. Then swipe left/right to the watch face that you want to use. Then click on that watch face and it will expand to full screen. 

KellyEk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have tried that and tried to change it thru the app like I have in the past. Last week it seemed to freeze on a gray face that does not show me the info I have seen in the past. I have had the watch about 2.5 years. Now it will not let me change at all.
0 Likes
Solution
Jnewell05
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Open the galaxy wearable app, select watch faces on the bottom middle, and choose the one you want.
Also make sure the watch is not in battery savings mode this changes the watch face to a power savings black and white. Pull down the notification shade on your :watch:️ choose the power savings option and disable it. Or if quick settings icon is not there, such ad you removed it like I did. Open Settings, click battery, click Power savings.
0 Likes
KellyEk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much for your post. I watch has apparently been in Power saving mode for over a week now.. I don't remember seeing it go there and I don't know how it did. I certainly didn't do it on purpose.
I have changed that so it is no longer on Power saving mode and I was finally able to put the watch face that I want back in place. Thank you so much
0 Likes
ZWC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did not work for me.
ZWC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This did not work. I'm not in battery saving mode. I have tried numerous new watch faces. They all switch back and forth from the watchface I chose to a black version.